Help me choose a Multi-Effects Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose a Multi-Effects Unit

No Pre-Amp.. Multi Effects Rack Mount Unit only. I want something that sounds decent, is CHEAP on eBay and above all else.. SIMPLICITY!!! Because I'm an idiot when it comes to this sort of thing.

Decent Phase/Flange, Chorus, Delay, Reverb is what I need.

Re: Help me choose a Multi-Effects Unit

The Intellifex is excellent and really cheap. The absolute cheapest most bang for the buck one is the Behringer V-amp-2. It is basically the same as a POD 2.0 with the VALUABLE option of depressing 2 buttons and completely bypassing the preamps. Has tons of effects, you can use alot of them at the same time, it is completely silent, comes with a gig bag and a 2 button footswitch, can be used as a amp simulator also so what you actually get is an amp modeller for practicing or recording, noise gate, great effects processor etc. and all that will set you back $99.00 tops on Ebay brand new in the box. The effects are great. I use it with my Quad X and I have some beautiful lush Delay/Chorus patches, some great auto-wah's and flangers and a awesome rotary speaker with a touch of delay and a large hall reverb. I didn't program a thing. I use only the factory presets (128 of them).

Comment

JGCable: I'm looking for something Rack Mountable and Midi Controllable.

The Lexicon sounds somewhat interesting. Hopefully some of the guys actually using it can chime in here.

Comment

Troy - the Lexi MPX100 & 110 (the only difference is the bit rate - for guitar, it won't matter) are SOOO simple to use. It just has knobs to turn, bypass button, and tap-tempo - no menu parameters, etc. Find the effects you want to use, turn to it, adjust it to your liking with a couple knobs. VERY SIMPLE. The only thing is that when you use it in a loop, it sucks a lillte of the volume out of the amp - at least it did on my Yamaha T50 & T100. It's not a DEDICATED guitar processor, but for what I use it for, it's perfect. It is midi controllable, but I don't use it that way. There's only a couple effects I use - mainly delay - and I know they make a simple footswitch with a tap rate, bypass, and maybe channels up & down (I think). Sounds good, it's cheap too. Might be right up your alley. Try ebay for the 100 - you can get them around $100 or so. Like I said before, don't bother with the 110 unless you can't find the 100, but you should have no problem there. Drop me a line if you have any ???'s.

Comment

Now that John mentions it, there is a rack mount version of the V-amp 2.0, which is called V-amp pro. They might be very cheap new (right now they are very rare on e-bay, I have been hunting one with no luck)... this unit would also get you there very quickly!... just a thought...

[ May 19, 2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
            Now that John mentions it, there is a rack mount version of the V-amp 2.0, which is called V-amp pro. They might be very cheap new (right now they are very rare on e-bay, I have been hunting one with no luck)... this unit would also get you there very quickly!... just a thought...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You WON'T have any luck finding one. The V-amp Pro won't be out to the general public until late this summer. It hasn't been released yet. That said, I'll probably be looking REAL HARD at the Bass V-amp Pro, to replace my PSA-1 and MPX100. We'll have to see what they cost... Cool that it will be able to handle both guitar and bass just like the PSA-1.

For you Line 6 guys - I saw an oops on Musician's Friend for the POD Pro XT...but it hasn't been on the Line 6 website yet...Hmmm...I don't think MF was supposed to let that one get out, but they did...heh...

[ May 19, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: chris_olson ]

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by chris_olson:
              I saw an oops on Musician's Friend for the POD Pro XT...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What is an oops?...

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by chris_olson:
                I saw an oops on Musician's Friend for the POD Pro XT...
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What is an oops?...
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"Oops" - something that was probably given to them (Musicians Friend) in advance from the manufacturer (Line 6), and before they had actually released it, MF put it up on their website as being for sale. Basically they gave it away before Line 6 had a chance to "officially" released it. It got pulled from MF, but I have not been able to find one bit of info on Line 6's website... It a nutshell, MF screwed up.

Comment

LKG: I dont own one but the most usable effects unit that I have seen in my life is the Lexicon MPX100. The thing has knobs to tweak the effects!...

Two users here have it (that I know of): Slayer and Chris Olson. Both praise it a lot!... the thing is also dirt cheap!

Your other choice is as always the Rocktron Intellifex but that is not as easy to program (still fairly simple though).

[ May 19, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Working...
                  X