Need Some Feedback on running effects without a loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Feedback on running effects without a loop

Hello everyone. I am thinking of buying a marshall that has been modded but does not have an effects loop. I am looking for other ways to run effects with the amp besides pedals. Any suggestions? I use primarily a processor and a BBE.

Re: Need Some Feedback on running effects without a loop

its pretty easy and its the correct way to do it, but youll have to buy a lot of gear

you basically want to run a line out...you can do this with a thd hotplate.....run a dry signal to a cab and send 2 wet signals to a mixer where you run the effects and then to a power amp(solid state-only powers speakers) to 2 wet speakers.....in a nut shell, thats how you do stereo effects professionally

some companies may have some line out boxes you can get to run your effects and act as a loop and do it cheaply...id start with CAE, they have almost everything...basically all your doing is sending the signal to a mixer and putting the effects there

Comment

... or you could mod the head and put in an effects loop.

These guys sell kits:

www.torresengineering.com

Comment

Tim, I have the same problem. I have a Hotplate but don't want to go through all that jaz just to get a little delay through my cab.

I think I'm going to order the Torres effects loop kit for $69.00 Can really beat that, as long as you don't mind drilling holes in your vintage Plexi. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

An fx loop can alter the tone, however... I'd be leery of a torres kit, especially if it involved drilling.

Probably the best way to get effects would be to do em at the board if you play live. Otherwise, you're looking at the Doug Trillian method.

Then again, remember that a lot of the classic amps didn't have fx loops... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Krueger:
            Hello everyone. I am thinking of buying a marshall that has been modded but does not have an effects loop. I am looking for other ways to run effects with the amp besides pedals. Any suggestions? I use primarily a processor and a BBE.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A secondary speaker output can easily and reversibly be converted to a line output. You can use this as a preamp send into your effects rack, then go into a small power amp and a pair of satellite speakers. This gives you an untainted primary signal direct from your head to your main cab, with the ability to add effects to your overall sound with the satellite speakers. More expensive then an effects loop mod, and more stuff to carry, but the best way to go if you can swing it.

And stay away from Torres. He is the Ed Roman of the amp world.
            Chief Guitar Geek at George's Music Center
            www.georgesmusiccenter.com/theguitarstash
            [email protected]

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=22669

Will this help? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

call CAE, i think they have a gadget to do all that without going through the expense of THE set up......effects loops are worthless and tone robbing, i never use them

Comment

Working...
                X