new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new amp

hey, im considering getting a new amp, the most ill spend is around 1500. some amps im considering are:
    mesa dual rectifier tremoverb
    mesa boogie mark iv
    peavey xxx(money saver)
    5150 I or II(money saver)
    any others in the price range

basically, im looking for an amp that can do really heavy metal tones well, any other suggesions for the listed price range?

Re: new amp

Wanna be my hero?... buy this:

Soldano head

Soldano cab

Comment

its only 50 watts though, for the shows ive been playing lately i need 100 watts, thats what my head is now, its just not to wonderful(blue voodoo)

i hear you can get great results with a dual rectifier and an eq

Comment

100 watts is not much louder than 50. Don't kid yourself into thinking you need 100. Don't you mic your amps anyway?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

you dont see one of these around often and this one has the matching cab... I am drooling here!... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Ya know there really isnt a whole 50w loud volume more between a 50w and 100w amp. If you turn a 50w tube amp full on its gonna be loud as all hell.

Im a marshall fan so try the Marshall DSL's.

Comment

In your price range:

Rivera Knucklehead II(Haven't heard it yet)
              Marshall TSL 100(needs work by Trace Allen)
              Engle Powerball/Savage(Ilike these)
              Trace Allen Voodoo head(Like alot!)

Comment

I really like my Mesa TOV head. I've been able to get quite a few great tones out of it. It's not something you just sit down and dial in in 10 minutes, but once you start finding the good tones, you can get to 'em pretty quick and build from there. I haven't even used any of my stomp boxes since I bought it a few months ago (Except Wah and Delay sometimes.) Not a bad amp IMHO.

Comment

I'm runnin my SLO with two output tubes which in theory knocks it down to 50 watts and I'm loud as hell live.

Comment

i guess it might be alright, usually i can't mic my amps here, not a lot of nice equipment for the shows up in fairbanks alaska, it's pretty much whatever you bring to play with.

anyways, does the hotrod have a lot of gain, i always thought it was a little on the lower side, and im not much of a marshall fan.
                    i wanted to get a vht pitbull ul but it's just too expensive, i need to save some cash for college after summer

Comment

The HR Soldanos have a TON of gain. Soldano=Gain!

Comment

Dude, I have a 1993 VHT Pittbull Classic 100 Combo with a graphic EQ and it has a ton of gain. I know you want a head, but there is one just like mine on Ebay for $800 and no reserve, that is an insane price!! They came loaded with 2-12 inch Celestion Classic Lead 80`s, but you can use it like a head. If you want in you face gain and clarity, this is the amp and at that price, you`ll have a winner there [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] If you want a pic of mine give me an email at [email protected] Jack.

Comment

damn, problem is i wont be able to get one till mid/late summer, no money now

Comment

Here is the AD heading, i don`t know how to do a link [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] VHT Pittbull Classic Amp (Model C-100-CR)
                            Item # 2532391513

Thant is a crazy price for this amp dudes, someone grab it, you won`t be dissappointed, they scream!! Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X