Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify this Randall head??

Alrighty;
    Back around 1995 or so, I bought an old Randall head at a pawn shop. It was obviously a few years old at that point. It was one of the original Randall heads, before they were bought by Washburn. I can't seem to remember what the model was, but it was black with some red on it.
    It had black Tolex covering and not the grey carpet.
    I believe it was a 100 watt head, but I may be wrong.
    It also had a footcontroller that came with it.
    It was solid state. They aren't the best in the world, that's for sure, but for sentimental reasons, I'd like to have another one, just because.
    If you can help me out by identifying this amp or helping me find one for sale; I'd appreciate it.

Re: Can you identify this Randall head??

3 channel? some kind of weird mid boos on it? the reason i'm asking is one of my old guitar players had one similar, i'll see if i can dig him up and ask him about his...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I would bet the farm that is is a RG100ES
      I had a 1986 RG100ES-SS which was the CC Deville signature model covered in snakeskin. Let me know if it has the following:
      A pull pot (I think it is on the treble control) to seriously increase the gain.
      A 6 pin rectangular plug for the footswitch
      The ability to switch from channel A to Channel B and to combine both.
      Reverb
      Effects loop
      recessed side handles along with the normal top handle.
      If you open it up there will be a lavel on the inside on one of the sides that shows the serial #, the model # and the day of manufacturer.
      They were offered in Red, Black, Gray carpet and Snakeskin. The red is very rare and the snakeskin is impossible to find. Pencilsketch who frequents this message board has my old 86 Snakeskin RG100ES. I have the original cabinet loaded with Altec Lansing 300w whiteframe speakers in it. It is a killer amp. Extremely powerful and very dependable.

Comment

There's one on eBay here:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=10171

Mind didn't really look like that though, the knobs on mine were all black and I believe the white faceplate shown was red on mine.
        I also had one of the Snakeskin covered one and it looked similar to that one, but the black one I had looked just a slight bit different and always sounded way better than the Snakeskin one.

Comment

yea i own tht randall snoke skin jg is talkin about ill post pics asap [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          Here I am

Comment

I have one also, mine is Zebra Skin. The date inside is 1987. Great 80's sounding amp! good clean channel and great overdrive especially when you pull the boost on the treble knob. When you do this it cuts the volume but it sure sounds good. You can always just crank the master some.This circuit was designed for lower volume playing or recording with driven type sustain. They say 150 watts on the back but according to the specs they put out 120 watts RMS into 4 ohms/80 watts into 8 ohms. Seems to be built like a tank. I have never had any problems in the 10 years or so I've been hauling this back and forth to gigs inside and outside. I'm in Arizona so when you play outside it can be operating in 112 degrees or so.

Comment

yep the old RG100s great amps ive had a couple & still own a slightly modded RGT100ES which is an all TUBE version.

Comment

Working...
              X