Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Chuckracer - Help needed

Hi Chuck:

I decided to replace the Dimebucker out of the GMW with the Duncan Custom. I think that the soldering went well, but now I can't secure the pickups. I don't know what I did but the pups are kind of loose, even after I re-inserted the screws that go thru their mounting bases. I need help to put the guitar in proper working order. Please save me from having to take her to the tech.

Re: Paging Chuckracer - Help needed

Ervin,
    If I remember right, the screws that came with the dimebucker ONLY work with the dimebucker. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I thinks they are smaller in diameter. Did you use the same screws? If so, get some regular pickup screws? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hope this helps
    Todd
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Ervin, send me the guitar and I'll send you my white Soloist in exchange. I will go that far for a bro in need. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Otherwise, Todd nailed it. Let me know if you can't get regular pickup screws and I'll send you some.

Comment

There are no music stores around where I live Chuck, so if you can send me some regular pickup screws that would be great. I'll send you an email when I get home tonight with my postal address. Thanks Chuck.

PS. It is funny but I have developed a new love for this guitar and just wanted it work properly. If the marriage ends up in a divorce, you'll have first bids. Do you have any other guitars you might want to trade? I'm open to other trading possibilities.

Comment

No I don't. The 88 Soloist is my last Jackson and the only guitar available right now. I don't have a room full of guitars like I did a year ago. In fact, I have the GMW Jake, the Les Paul, and the Soloist. Thats it! And I NEED the GMW back you have now! *insert guilt trip* [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Yeah, shoot me your addy and I'll fire out some screws.

Comment

What kind of Les Paul do you have? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just bought a 91 Standard, natural top. Light and sweet, and I ain't trading you!
              The Soloist, on the otherhand... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I understand Chuck. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] But all kidding aside, I'm looking for a Gibson Standard (60's neck) or Classic. If you know of someone selling one or willing to trade for the GMW let me know.

Comment

Working...
                X