Engl Fireball vs. Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Fireball vs. Savage

Can someone tell me what`s the difference between those two amps? Is it maybe more or less the simmilar thing?
    I need your comparison. But I`m not interested in which amp is more versatile. I am interested only in brutal animal distortion.

Re: Engl Fireball vs. Savage

I own an Engl Fireball and it's pretty brutal as far as distortion goes. From what I hear, the Savage has even more gain, plus it has individual eq section for each channel. If you're going to spend the cash, I'd get the Savage. I got the Fireball cause I didn't need a 120 watt amplifier and didn't need all of the extras the Savage has.

Comment

Well, I am waiting on a ENGL Powerball that I just bought, from all accounts it's as brutal as it gets. Unfortunately there are no local dealers so I just went for it.

I'll post back when I get it.

Comment

I would still LOVE to play a Savage!

Comment

The Savage kicks a**! But very $$$$$$

Comment

I have played both amps and the Fire ball is like the 4th channel of the Powerball except it dosent have quite as much low end as the Powerball but still plenty for most people. The powerball is a bit smoother sounding as well as having more options.

Derek

Comment

I forgot to mention that both the Fireball and powerball have more gain than the Savage 120 but even so the Savage still has more than enough on tap.

Derek

Comment

On the engl webpage states that Powerball is an older brother of Fireball. Don`t know if that`s because it has more wattage or because it`s a little modified. Or both.
                I don`t have cash for Savage. Also I don`t want to hear comments like: "If you want brutal, go with an Uberschall" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I don`t have the money for it.
                Here in Europe you can get used Fireball + 4x12 Engl cab for around 1100$. And I think that`s a great bang for the buck.
                Looking to hear the comments on the Powerball [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, the Powerball came out right after the Fireball. Has a built in noise gate that you control the threshold with a knob on the back of the amp. Pretty helpful when you kick in to the Ultra Gain mode. Like the Savage you have two seperate gain knobs, and eq section.

Comment

Working...
                  X