Turn your MP-1 into a Dual Recto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn your MP-1 into a Dual Recto!

I love the MP-1, so I'm an avid fan of the ADA Depot website (ADA DEPOT). As I was searching I found the modifacations section. Turns out with the replacement of a few capacitors you can change your MP-1 into a Dual Recto. If this sounds crazy listen to this audio sample (NOTE: this was recorded with an MP-1 nothing else!)

MP-1 to DUAL RECTO
    MP-1 to DUAL RECTO........THE SEQUEL

If you're intrested in doing this heres the schematic and picture to show what the schematic is talking about.

Re: Turn your MP-1 into a Dual Recto!

hey, thanks for posting that... very interesting!... I will try it when I get the time...

I do crave more gain on my mp-1... I will be replacing the tubes later and this seems like a good mod to go with that.

Comment

I thought you'd like this Rodrigo. I knew you liked the MP-1, so I figured you might be intrested in this. While the MP-1 has a great eighties lead sound i think it's to sterile for rythym, but this mod changed that! The best thing is if you don't like it just switch the new parts back out with the new ones.

Have Fun!

Comment

Almost enough to make me want one!

Comment

well, these things are about US$100... you can never go wrong with that!...

Thanks again...

Comment

Wow!! If that is what a Dual Rectifier sounds like, i want one!! I like the sound alot. What kinda Cabinet you running thru? Jack.

Comment

Sounds killer! Is that "Click, Click, Pull" by Saliva? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

/\/\/\That it is./\/\/\ Oh, and by the way thats not me playing its Mark, the guy who invented the mod. I found out about this mod from my friend. We were recording at his house and he whipped out his MP-1. I was like, "Yeah, yeah, I've got one too.", but then he said, "I know, but check this **** out". He pluged it up and started playing, needless to say I was blown away. So, now I spread the knowledge.

Comment

I see the mod3 for mp-1 has finally come out?

I was browsing for the schematics a few months ago, but were unavailable at the time!

Anyway, wowo, this really souns awesome

I was wondering how dfficult it really is to do the mod by yourself?

And the parts you need to change or add are just those unexpensive capatitators and nothing else?

Thanks a lot!
                  Keep up the good noise!

Comment

The guy that came up with this mod was the best man when I got married...he lives right around the corner from me, and is an evil amp genius!!

His name is Mark Howell....He's also the one that recorded the clips.
                    Small world...when I saw this thread, I nearly crapped!...LOL!

Comment

Mike,
                      It's just the final gain stage of the MP1 itself.

Comment

Wait a minute -

Is this a MP1 DIRECT, or through a power amp/cab?

Of course, that would make a big difference. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sounds good, though.

Mike
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                        X