• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the Behringer V-Amp 2?

If so, how did it stack up to a POD?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Anyone tried the Behringer V-Amp 2?

I tried the Vamp2 before I bought the POD Xt. I really wanted to like it better than the POD because it was half as much and also came with the footswitch and bag. But to my ears and an unbiased opinion I brought with me to the store agreed that the Vamp2 had near as many features but the sound quality lacked in the Vamp2 over the XT. Also the Xt was a lot more tweakable and some of the models in the Xt were near dead on to their analog conterparts. Not to say the Vamp2 is junk or anything it is a great unit for its price no doubt. But the Vamp2 lacked the authenticity that the XT deleivered in most models. The Vamp2 seemed near on par with the POD 2.0 but not on the same level as the Xt in my opinion. Others may differ. Each has their own taste. JMO.

Ric

[ May 28, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Comment

My review was against the POD 2.0. I have never tried the XT although it certainly is expensive when compared to the V-Amp2. Line 6 makes great stuff. I just think that for approx $90.00 you can't go wrong with the Behringer V-Amp2.

Comment

It is better because it has a true bypass feature allowing you to bypass the preamps and use only the effects/noise gate and compressor!! It also comes in a travel gig bag and includes a 2 button switch for live use!! I have had both and the V-Amp2 wins.

Comment

To compare the Pod XT to the V-Amp 2 is slightly misguided I think. The V-Amp 2 is comparable to the POD 2.0 (or is it up to 2.3 now?) in terms of features and even pricing (even though the POD is considerably more expensive than the V-Amp), but the XT is the next generation of modelling, and to compare it to the V-Amp 2 is a little unfair.

I've read many opinions that say the V-Amp 2 has better sounding high gain models. I have a V-Amp 2 and personally think it's great. I've only briefly played with a POD, and I did like the V-Amp more, but maybe I need more time with the POD.

Comment

I agree. The high gian settings on the V-amp 2 are better IMHO than the POD 2.0 that I used to have. The small combo's were better on the POD though. The POD doesn't have auto-wah which is something I really wanted. The V-amp2 does. I like the reverb better on the V-amp 2 also.

Comment

I agree that the Vamp2 is comparable to the 2.0. but I feel the effects in the POD are much better. I did like some of the High Gain models in the Vamp2 over the POD 2.0 but the sound was a little less lively than the POD 2.0 in my opinion. I didnt mean to raz that the Xt was better than the Vamp2. My bad! I thought the Vamp2 sounded good in front of the amp when I demoed it where the POD sounded better in the loop. Not a slam on the Vamp2 just two different animals for sure.

Ric

Comment

I tried both. I had the POD and my guitar teacher the vAmp2. I really like the POD much better, even though you have to buy the pedal board separately, but if you have like a flextone or any other line 6 gear you might use it with them too, so....yeah. Now I have a POD XT and I love the damn thing!

Comment

While we're talking about the V-amp, has anyone tried the V-amp Pro rackmount yet? Is it any good or is it just the V-amp 2 in rackmount form? Nobody is carrying it around me and I'm tempted to use the 45 day trial from musicians friend.
                  Thanks,

Dave->
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I own a V-Amp2 for quite a wh8ile now and I really like it.
                    even though I play it rarely, only for records and headphone-playing at nights and so...

pros; great price, good, quality, with bag and footswitch
                    cons; amp-simulation sounds thin and lifeless to me WITHOUT the effects, had some problems with installing it into the FX-Loop of my valve-head (sounded horrible), the plug-thingy of my trafo broke pretty soon. looks like an S-VID connection, but it was easy to replace.

after all, I really like that unit.
                    works great for me and is absolutely worth the money.

if it had an ON/OFF switch, it owuld be prefect. plugging and unplugging gets on my nervs sometimes... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I don't have much experience with the V-amp (0), pretty much all I know is it sounds pretty good on the Silent Force records. I'm way too into Line 6 stuff to change now unless it's stellar stuff though.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

i own a v amp 2 and love it, one feature it does have that is very usefull is the way the controls light up to show what they are set at (the ring of leds round them) very usefull in dim lighting
                        ive not compared mine to a pod or any of the real models but i think the sounds it has are great

to my knowledge the v amp pro is the same as the v amp 2 but made in rackmount form

David

Comment

Working...
                        X