Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah!!!I've finished to build my new setup!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah!!!I've finished to build my new setup!!

Today my 1960A has arrived!So now I'm ready to tweak my first rack!Rocktron Piranha -> Rocktron Intellifex (made in usa) ->Mesa 50/50!
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

PS:I don't have a power conditioner...is it absolutely necessary?

Re: Yeah!!!I\'ve finished to build my new setup!!

Well, it isn't mandatory. But, they are nice.

Most of the cheaper Furman style rack strips aren't much more than a basic power strip in a rack mounted form. They are Surge protected by a Circuit Breaker, may have an RFI(Radio Frequency Interference) protection built in and maybe light up the rig. Not, a real conditioner as the name would lead you to believe. You could get a away with a typical $10 power strip that is the same thing.

Now the TRUE conditioners, Furman AC1215/1220 etc, actually keep a constant voltage or shut down... THAT is much better safety. The true conditioners hit upwards of a couple hundred dollars. And help protect against things like brownouts which can be very damaging to electronics stuff.

Things llike the Furman AC1215 (15 amps) or the AC1220(20 amps)are real voltage regulators and keep the power supply to your rack in a constant steady range(110 to 117 v AC).

If you are playing a lot of bars etc or places where the electric is really erratic, they are pretty much cheap insurance. Bars are always overloaded with stuff and usually their electric systems are crap. The ice machine or air kicks on and you amps suddenly see 80 volts and pops a fuse because it's drawing too many amps.

If you play at home where the electric is nice and stable the regulators aren't as necessary and a power strip is fine.

Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

Re: Yeah!!!I\'ve finished to build my new setup!!

Yes,that was what I needed to know,thanks a lot Jon!

Comment

Working...
      X