Quad-X owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad-X owners...

Anyone own a Carvin Quad-X Preamp? I recently purchased a Quad-X with Carvin tube 100 power amp and FS-77 footswitch. It currently is in transit. Anyone have any advice, favorite settings, clips etc...?

Re: Quad-X owners...

ok, try this in Channel 4:

Volume = 10, Overdrive = 1, Lo= 10, Mid = 10, Hi = 10. Then crank up your amplifier all the way....

That setting I call "the destroyer" ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] The Quad-X is a great amp paired with the T-100 power amp. It looks a lot harder than it really is though, it acts like any other amp. Channel 3 is capable of some good classic rockish rhythm sounds, but if you are looking for the scooped out sound popular today, you'll need some outboard gear. Channel 4 is great for high intensity, sustaining leadwork. I love mine....and another great thing to have with them is a compressor and either a graphic/parametric EQ.....it brings the tone out front. Have fun with the amp, if you have any questions, e-mail me directly. I have had mine since like 95. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome...thanks for the advice. Hey this "Destroyer" setting isn't going to destroy my amp???? Or is it Destroyer like KISS?? [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I play a Quad X through a Peavey sixty/sixty power amp and pumped through Randall bottoms with Altec Lansing 300w whiteframes. You are gonna love it when you get it. Channel 1 and 2 are crystal shimmering clear . Channel 3 with the gain dimed out and the boost on can handle just about any type of metal. Channel 4 is insane. I have never had the gain past 6 and my band plays serious heavy music. I use channel 3 almost exclusively. Smart gate, memory on every channel, 5 effects loops, EQ, etc... the Quad X has it all and does it all. Congratz.

Comment

I have the same setup too. I use a Boss Super Overdrive in the effect loop on CH 3 and it sound much like ch 4 but thicker and you can get much more volume out of channel 3 so it makes it awesome. I have a bunch of other amps and this one is by far the best as far as options go. Killer tone. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks...gotta check out a compressor, parametric eq and overdrive pedal on channel 3. Anyone try a High gain distortion on the clean channels?? What type of clean tone were achieved on Channels 1&2???Fenderish??? Thanks again. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Better than fender and Yes I tried it on one and two. It gave some good rock tones but I only tried a DF-2 Boss pedal and a Super OD with that setup. A metalzone might be better.

Comment

I put a MetalZone into channel 1 and it was awesome scooped 80's madness. A Malmsteen DOD YJM308 sounds really good in channel 3 also.

Comment

Thanks.... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Anyone ever played one of the old Marshall Shredmasters??? I haven't played one in years...I guess they are going for $100.00 on Ebay. I'm still looking for a decenct NUmetal pedal. I remember the Shredmaster had this cool scooped late 80s- early 90's metal sound.

Comment

Working...
                    X