No announcement yet.

Fedex: Tube breakers... how to fix?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedex: Tube breakers... how to fix?...

Guys, so I got my Quad X preamp today but one of the tubes inside came broken... thanks Fedex!...

I am an animal when it comes to tubes so I don't know if I can just go out and get any 12ax7 or if I have to get something matched or something like that... please help me.

Re: Fedex: Tube breakers... how to fix?...

Well, any 12ax7 will get you up and running. Depending on what socket it is in, it should run without it, you may just be missing one of the channels. I run my CAE all the time minus a tube when I'm mixing or matching.

Do you have access to tubes somewhere around there?

Comment

Rodrigo, you will have a package coming out your way to that Box 150 address with a couple of those in it, I'll mail it tomorrow... Enjoy.

Comment

wow Cleve, you are going to kill me dude, what can I say?... thanks man you have done it again!...

Comment

Hey, the thing actually works!... only channel 4 actually but that is the one that people talk about so much... this things sound soooo nice!... the distortion is sooo round and full... I am very happy about my new gear...

Comment

Hey man, I sent those out this morn USPS 4-7 day air. Nothing special Sovtek 12ax7wa. Maybe you'll like them, maybe not. I don't like them much. But, they'll work in a pinch. Maybe put them in a channel you don't use much or something.

If you want some cool tubes, I'd load it with the NOS Chinese 12ax7 "cheese grater getter" tubes from the 80s.

This guy has them a lot. And he's a class act. If it isn't listed write him. He probably has them still.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=25

Comment

Thanks john... I will try that and see how it goes... the tube will go in one of the clean channels so I hope it won't be much of an issue.

Comment

Working...
              X