mesa Nomad or Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesa Nomad or Mark III

I would lean toward the Mark 3 myself. Does it have the 5 band graphic? If so, definately grab it.
    I've played the nomad, and I'm not sure what Mesa was going after there... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: mesa Nomad or Mark III

The Nomads are a good choice for features / flexibility, but in my humble opinion the Mark III is the winner in the tone department. Honestly, I think they are both great amps.

Comment

mesa Nomad or Mark III

Ok guys, i have the opportunity to purcahse a second hand mesa mark III head for about 1050US, or a new mesa Nomad 55 head for about 1700US..
      What would you prefer, im looking for a nice fat rhythm sound, which isnt saturated in gain, but rather has a nice crunch with a tight bottom end?
      cheers

Comment

Go for the Mark. Even the III, which isn't one of Mesa's great amps tonally, sounds better than the Nomad, IMO. Not that the Nomads are bad, they're just not in the same league.

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Alexi7, Are you in the U.S.? Mark III heads are going for around 800.00 or less on ebay. I got a Mark IV combo with a wicker grill for $1130.00. If you are not in the U.S. then I can see why the prices are high. If this post sounds kinda snotty, I do not mean it to.

Comment

nah its all good 80srock, im actually in Australia and you dont very often get to see second hand mesas, if you think that's high, a triaxis here costs 5 thousand AUD, which is like 2.3 grand (usd) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

michael, can you elaborate on the league thing, soundwise?

cleve, okla or twisteramps; what do you guys think?

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

cheers!
              Chuck, no unfortunately, it doesnt have an eq, but im planning on buying a parametric one, is this a good move?
              Here are pics of the actual head for sale:

Comment

Yeah, with a good Parametric, you'll be stylin. I'd grab it over a Nomad any day.

Comment

its settled then..thanks alot..appreciate it.
                  [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

hmmmmm I am not a major fan of the Nomad myself. It tries to be harder than the Mark III but Honestly I don't know if it gets more focused than the MArk II with EQ does the Nomad have EQ?
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

im not quiet sure, i doubt it does....one more question though, what about the single recto head by mesa, i really wanna spend some cash on a new amp, something not way too powerful?
                      cheers

Comment

The highest wattage Nomad has a graphic eq.

Comment

Working...
                        X