Carvin Quad X Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Quad X Clip

Ok, here you go, you have a clip from my Carvin Quad X.

Carvin Quad X in action

As always, I am going to tell you what I used:

1) Carvel 650XL with EMG81 (bridge position)
    2) Carvin Quad X in Channel 4, gain = 4!...
    3) Mesa 20/20
    4) Madison 2x12 cab
    4) Cardiod condenser/Behringer mixer
    5) Guitar tracks 2.0

And please don't tell me I suck playing, I already know it ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 30, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: Carvin Quad X Clip

Thanks!! Good playing. Really... keep riffin heavy [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . Love "And Justice For All". "Shortest Straw" is another one of my favorites from that album. The drum track though is lacking. Lars wails on the skins ,but I think they should remaster with better drum sound. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

How are those Madison cabinets? I've been thinking about buying either a 4x12 or 2 2x12's (portability), and have looked into there brand. Can they dish out Chunk? How do they do in high volume situations, do they blare?

Comment

dd3keegs: thanks!... you will love your Carvin man, good investment right there...

John: I love my madison... however I am not a high volume guy and therefore I dont know if mine would hold together good loud... people say they hold pretty good... I have no complaints and also you cant beat how cheap they are...

Comment

Pretty cool Rodrigo. Not enough chunk for me though. Sorta reminiscent of the MESA Quad to me really.

A parametric is one thing I must really recommend to you though since you are buying and selling preamps... It might make you much happier with some preamps you have already.

It can wring a LOT out of a preamp that is just so-so. Even my CAE3+se, wasn't 'exactly" what I wanted and the Furman PQ-3 made it become a very cool thing.

It can let you manipulate certain frequencies that will make the perceived gain much more apparent and give you edge and chug where you didn't have it before. It might turn the somewhat sedate sounding Carvin into a fire breather...

The Furman is cool. But, pretty noisy. TC-1140 might be a thought, but isn't prgrammable either. A G-major with the parametric in it might be a thought if you look for a delay.

I can't quite push a parametric enough. i wish I'd have grabbed one earlier on. I might have been happy with a cheaper preamp.

[ May 31, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

If you don't mind me asking rodrigo, around how much did you spend on yours?

Comment

John: US$350 shipped...

I have been thinking all morning about the definition of "chunk" and still dont know what people mean by it...

Comment

Chunk: When muting the lower strings, the authoritative transient thump with a nice crisp edge.

You hear godsmack (bleh) using a lot of muted chunk stuff in the beginning of that "I'm doing the best I ever did" tune...

Strogbad uses it a bit too I notice... Jung jugga jung jugga jung junga jung junga JAH JAH!!!

Oh yeah, He knows all about chunk man...

Comment

Rodrigo, that is great stuff man [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I love the sound going thru the Madison cabinet, my Madison 4x12 is coming on Monday, I am stoked!! It is going to crush with my VHT Pittbull CL-100 [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congrats-Jack.

Comment

Thanks Jack... yeah I guess this is the type of sound you like, I remember what you sounded like when you played for me on the phone and this is probably similar... the Madison does hold together pretty good even under ridiculous amounts of distortion (don't know about volume though because I haven't tried)... congrats on your new Madison, I am sure it rules...

My own preference for the clip would had been to record some white lion stuff but then I ended up doing this one thinking about the metal heads around... my palm muting is sooo crappy its not even funny (the lack of chunk is partially my fault)... also I am doing all the strokes alternate which is like an offense to the song... the technique is definitely more heavy metal than trash but I guess I got the idea through ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 31, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Oh, I forgot Rodrigo, you suck as a player [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Only kidding dude [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Actually I can`t even play that song, I am terible at single notes mostly, so far from a lead guitarist it isn`t funny [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I like to play heavy bar chords and plam muting, because it is easy and it sounds cool!! I also like Drop D for the heavy Chunk, but I truly suck at playing, but I do like nice sounds [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I can`t beleive you can get that EMG 81 to sound so good with the nice lows!! I kinda like the EMG 85 better, I think it has more Chunky Thunk to it when palm muting, but the 81 is better for clear leads, anyone else notice this difference in the 2 pickups? Jack. Jack.

[ May 31, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

well, the EMG there needs the bass all cranked up on the EQ because otherwise you just get a pretty middlish, hard-rockish sound... I am happy with the 81 becaue I am not into bassy sounds but I want to have a guitar with an 85...

Do you remember the sound difference between this charvel and the solist I had with the JB in the bridge?... I actually prefer the 81... the SD definitely equalizes your sound a lot and I prefer my pickup to have a more flat response... this EMG set is the best I ever had...

[ May 31, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Rodrigo, I forgot to mention I sold my 2x12 Madison to my buddy this weekend, I would love to own both, but I nead the money to gotowards the 4x12 [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                          X