Desperately need some rack advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately need some rack advice.

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Hi...I need some advice here on building my "new and improved" rack setup from you guys.....

Here is what I currently have:

Carvin Quad-X
    Carvin T-100
    Juice Goose Power Unit
    Alesis ME-Q230
    Alesis 2630 Compressor
    Korg DT-100 Tuner
    Randall 4 X 12 w/Celestions

Here is what I am looking to get, so please bear with me.

Nady rackmount wireless (which model ??)
    BBE Sonic Maximiser (which model ??)
    Rocktron Intellifex OR TC Electronics G-Major (which model ??)
    MIDI controller/switcher for rack (which model ??)

If I am forgetting anything, please let me know. Basically, what would you do with these components or change to get a desired effect. I have only recently gotten back into guitar heavilly and have been out of the scene for a while (about 10 years). Please help....either respond here or e-mail me directly. Also, for you connection wizards, what are the best cables to use to interconnect everything.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Sam

Re: Desperately need some rack advice.

Don't know much about the Nady's

I'd look for a 422a if you really want a BBE... Not much of a fan myself anymore.

Personally, I'd get the TC G-Major. I own an intellifex, the G-Major has a lot more for the money of you're buying new.

I prefer the Roctron MidiMates for controllers, they are super durable and easy to use.

For rack wiring, I use George-L wire and plug ends. Extremely quiet stuff, and easy to make and trim to fit.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X