ATTENTION CLEVELAND MEATL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION CLEVELAND MEATL

Hey cleve,How is that furman parametric 3 band EQ?Do you know anything about it.I think it is called the pq3.Thanks paul.

Re: ATTENTION CLEVELAND MEATL

I like mine alot. The main drawback is that it is certainly noisy. Not much at all to the thing cicuitwise. Pretty primitive really. But, it does the trick and you need a gate after it for sure.

It really made my CAE3+se/VHT2150 combination sound a lot more amplike to my ears and gave me the tonal manipulation ability that made me love my rig a lot more. It's paramount to be able to control certain frequencies when crafting your gain and distortion. I want a 5 band now or more now, haha.

I'd also look at the TC Electronics 1140, Or their G-Major with a built in 3 band parametric, they have to be quieter. Or if you don't mind laying a grand down the Yamaha 8 band Midi programmable stereo (16 band mono) Parametric is probably king of the hill... I'm REALLY wanting that Yamaha... Sigh...

Comment

If you have an older version of the G major, there is no EQ. But you can upload (download?) the new software via their website, or ship it to them...
      I updated mine and it has made a WORLD of difference...

Comment

the peavey TubeFex that I have allows you to put the effects loop at any point in the signal chain. The thing has all sorts of EQs in it and lets you put any amount in any place. I will experiment with it and see... for me it is crucial to have a lot of compression before the preamp and then an EQ right after that but before my preamp... also I need an EQ right after the preamp...

This piece of gear is the only one I found that is flexible enough to put exactly what I want where I want it on my signal chain and having an external preamp at the same time... not that the preamp in there is bad at all but I prefer to use my Carvin.

I got to do this and post some more... more work!... I am your tone slave I guess ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 01, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Working...
        X