Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here have experience with these?? I can get a verticle 2x12 with vintage 30's in it for only $300. I'm looking into these lesser known speaker/cabinet company's because like Avatar and Madison becuase i don't have the money to go out and buy a Marshall or Mesa (although i'd like to). Thanks!

Re: Avatar speaker cabs??

John, I just got a Madison 4x12 and it has a crushing sound, their speakers are very scooped sounding, what I like. Now I just sold my buddy the 2x12 version, same thing, but in a 2x12 setup, crushing also, just not as loud. If you play serious crushing palm muting stuff, you will like them, if not, I would get a cabinet with speakers with more mids and highs. They are worth every penny in my book, I love the Madison cabinets, I will get more [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Jack,
      How does Madison compare pricewise?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

$346.50 for the 4x12 plus $40 S/H worth every penny I spent on it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Here is the site I bought it from, they have the best price and S/H price!! www.moshaudio.com Jason from there is a rockin cool dude!! The 2x12 is worth every penny also. Jack.

Comment

WOW!! Thats a deal! Can your Madison handle tone like Rhoads, or Satriani?
          Thanks!

Comment

Maybee with a very bright amp and an eq with the highs and mids way up and lows cut, it truly is made for killer thunk sound, but I will try that tommorow for a sizzling highs/mids sound [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks Jack!!!

Comment

Thanks Jack!!!

Comment

I've seen used Marshall JCM900 and 800 cabs in my area w/celestions for $350-$400 used... if you don't have to buy new, a used marshall is a great deal imho.

Pete

Comment

Yup, Avatar cabs are great, and the guy Dave is very friendly and cool to work with. I got the 412 with Celestion V30s, and when I have money to spare I'll definitely buy another one. The cabs are smaller than some...it is definitely smaller than my Peavey 412, but damn, when Celestion said their V30s have a reputation for doubling the volume, they were not lying! Great sounding speakers, great prices, friendly guy to work with, the cabs are very sturdy, solidly built, all that good stuff.

Cheers,
                    Nick

www.avatarspeakers.com

Comment

Hey Pete, i know what you mean, Marshall's ussally go for around that, and it is a good deal. I live in central Florida and there's 1 used shop around here, and they are plain out over-priced. When i was looking into Marshall cabs, i went to there site and they sell used 1960 model cabs for almost $600 (im swear im not lying!!). So, i'm almost forced to go to these smaller companys. But, to be honest, they don't seem bad at all for the price! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Those do look like a good value for the money, buying new.

Ron, you live in the land of golden flowing cheap used guitar cabs! Check the Recycler - JCM cabs average $350 and there's always someone cashing out to move back East/home, so there are even better deals. If you shop you can get a full stack of 2 412 cabs for $350-400 if you don't mind having Randall or Carvin cabs. The Carvin cabs with Celestions sound at least as good as the Marshall cabs and are better made from better materials too. Take the logos off; everybody else does! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I logged on for old times sake the other week and emailed a guy with just that scenario; he had 2 Carvin 412s with metal grill and mono/stereo switch, 400w @8 ohms or 200x2 @16 ohms. He'd already sold the slant but offered the straight for $150 and it was clean. Of course being 2,000 miles away now, it's not as sweet a deal once you pay $75 to ship it,
                        but those cabs are worth $225 used, notwithstanding the logo. He'd have probably gotten $225 + $75 shipping if he'd Ebayed it, but the Recycler consistently undersells Ebay rates, so take a good look there!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I bought an Avatar 2x10 bass cab, and I've been very happy with it. Well constructed and it sounds great. The tweeter is a little shrill, but I back it way off anyway. I'd love to buy a couple of his 1x12's in black w/wheat grills if I ever put a rack rig back together again!

Comment

Thanks Lerx!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X