Mesa F series amps????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa F series amps????

Hey, Has anyone here played thru one of those Mesa/Boogie "F" series amps?? I am most Curious about the F30 model. These look interesting. I was cruising Ebay for a used ones. Just want to know if anyone has any opinions on them?? I would appreciate any advice or opinions!! Thanks!!
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: Mesa F series amps????

i was searching for an amp a while ago and tried out a F series boogie at GC. I played a prs thru it and thought the amp sounded very bland.

For that price, you are better off with a peavey. I don't know what kind of sound you are looking for, but the classic 30's sound great for a fender wanna be or the xxl/xxx/ 5150 combos are great sounding high gain amps.

You can also try to score a Soldano amp on ebay which in my opinion sound killer.

just my 2¢

Comment

Whats the best value small tube amp (1x12") that can do metal?

Comment

find yourself a M/B .50 cal (el84 model) in other words not the Plus model. i love it.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Tone,
          I have an ENGL Fireball for sale, if you're interested drop me an e-mail.
          [email protected]

Comment

Hey, I have no Brooks and Dunn trauma so I am a peavey fan with no taboos... I like these and I think they will do fine:

Peavey 2x12

Peavey 30

Classic 50

I would also consider the ENGL Fireball you were offered above if budget allows...

[ June 05, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

I did play through an F30 before and I have to say that for a small amp I really like it. I thought the tone is really nice at low volumes and I was able to pull all the gain I wanted.

However, I think you could find a better value elsewhere as Mesa combos are overpriced IMO.

Comment

Cool, to be honest I really dont know what I want to get for an amp. I was just kicking around Ideas and that Mesa F30 looked pretty interesting. If I could bag a good used one at the right price, I might jump. But I am not set on that particular amp. I am just thinking at this point. I would like to keep it in the $500 range. I figured I could snag a used F30 for that. But I am open to other options. Has anyone tried those Marshall AVT50 combos?? those looked intersting too. I would be interested in knowing what anyone thought of them. I would be interested in what other amps you guys would recommend. I want a clean channel, an relatively HI gain lead channel. Reverb on each channel. beyond that I am open to suggestions. Let me know what you think. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Tone,
                  Drop me an e-mail.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X