bad cat hot cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad cat hot cat

Anybody here ever try one of these? I tried one the other day and I thought it was pretty much the best sounding combo i have ever heard, bar none. Sparkling fenderish clean sounds,stinkin' fat classic rock type overdrive and the high gain channel was the kicker. the high gain channel produced the fattest,richest sweetest gain I have ever heard. It somehow had it all, massive crunch, tone for days, overtones ringing all over the place, unbelievable. The controlls are a bit odd (no bass treb mid) just one knob (forget what it was called) that was like a blended eq knob but it was all there. Price was outrageous (over $3000 cdn.)for a 30w 1/12 combo, but you get what you pay for i guess.

Re: bad cat hot cat

Never heard of it. Got a link?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here it is:
      http://www.badcatamps.com

The layout of the site will clearly give the impression of a classic rock/vintage appeal boutique builder, and that is what they are...but the hot cat is their first high gain jobbie and anyone would fall for it, from jazz to metal.

Comment

Wow, they look pretty cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've played these, and they do indeed rip.

Comment

My friend Todd Duane (he's a Shrapnel artist) had one, and it didn't last too long with him. I think he was having problems getting any kind of a decent clean with it. But it sounded VERY cool live - I think he had a 30 watt head. Plugged straight in - no effects, and it ripped!

He sold it and got another SLO - for the "shimmering clean'! LOL!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Played a couple of there combos and they sounded pretty darn good!

Comment

The guy behind BadCat is same guy who started Matchless.

never thought I'd see a higain amp from them.

Comment

i really like badcat amps.....i dont think ive tried the one you asked about, i have tried the rest of the line and i love them.....ive owned just about every brand of boooteek amp, and the badcat is the only one id buy right now(outside of my usual egnater stuff)...but im into that bluesy twang, not much distortion thang

Comment

the tracks on the website sound really good.

Comment

The other guitar player in my band uses one. He plays single coils w/ a distortion box only. If you looking for that 80's classic rock sound, his does a pretty good job. He's not really cranked it but it does have a very good tone at moderiate volumes.

joe...
                      www.godwentpunk.com
                      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                      X