Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online help for rack hookups etc??

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Hi....does anybody know if there are any online sites that deal with hooking up rack guitar components etc?? I haven't found too much, perhaps I am not using the correct search, I dunno. If anybody would know, you guys would [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Here is what I currently have:

Carvin Quad-X
    Carvin T-100 power amp
    Alesis 3630 Compressor
    Alesis ME-Q 230 EQ
    Juice Goose Power Distributor
    Korg Rack Tuner

Here is what I am going to purchase (piece by piece of course...and I am all ears for suggestions)

Mesa Boogie Triaxis [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    Mesa Boogie SimulClass 2:90
    Nady Wireless (dunno model yet)
    Lexicon MPX G-2 OR TC Electronics G-Major [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    Floor controller...All access or Abacus??
    Furman Power Conditioner

For guitars, I am using:

99 Jackson SL-1 Soloist
    86 BC Rich Custom Shop ST-3
    60's Les Paul Custom

I appreciate your comments and advice.
    [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Online help for rack hookups etc??

Well, since you didn't state specifically what you want to do for hookups (i.e. stereo amps, etc), the general rules of thumb are:
    Guitar>Preamp>EQ>Coloring (Chorus, Delay, Reverb)>Power>Speakers

If you are using the 3630 for Peak Limiting rather than Compression, put it between the EQ and the Coloring unit. If you are using it for Compression only, put it between the Guitar and Preamp.

The Tuner would go first, so you can mute the rack (with a volume pedal or a blank patch) and tune silently and without any Chorus/Delay affecting the Tuner.

I don't know if you can use the Distributor with a Conditioner. The Distributor is just a power strip, whereas the Conditioner is a line regulator which helps to keep the power levels to your units even. I'd assume you would plug the Conditioner into the wall and the Distributor into the Conditioner, then everything else into the Distributor.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Online help for rack hookups etc??

NewC:

I am still working out the details for the rack....It will take me a lil while to acquire the units....my ultimate plan is to use both the Quad(for Marshally rhythym and Ch 4 lead) in conjunction with the Boogie.....somehow I want to MIDI everything together.......I just want a versatile rig that sets up quick and sounds good to cover a lot of sonic ground. Some of my gear I have now will not be placed into the rack.....such as the Juice Goose....I am sure that I will add/delete from it as I change as a player too.......

I want a stereo set-up....I split my Randall 4X12 for stereo operation already, and added a buffer between the speakers to prevent cross-frequency cancellation. Eventually I want to have 2 4X12 angled bottoms....but that isn't a "Must have" for now.......

I am a Marine....so although I make pretty decent money, I'll have to do it piece by piece.....but that is cool.....I have the time.....

Comment

Working...
      X