What does one need to gig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does one need to gig?

Ok, I plan on playing a few small gigs here and there around town this summer. It's just me playing my acoustic guitar. What do I need in order for that? I have a duncan acoustic pickup so I can plug in, but what kinda amps or what do I need? Do I just use a PA? What kinda PA should I get? If anyone can give me a good setup I can use while playing, that would be great. Keep in mind, I'll prolly be playing bars, very small venues, maybe even Borders book store. Thanks again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: What does one need to gig?

Off hand, I would say a decent acoustic amp and a small PA for vocals.

Comment

Check this out... three channels for A/E, bass and PA. http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearch.exe?P1=AG

[ June 11, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You Carvin cheerleader, you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bricka-Bracka Firecracka Sis-Boom-Bah!
          Car-vin, Car-vin, Rah Rah ROCK AND ROLL MUTHERFU*KERS! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That one always goes over well at a church gig [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What does one need to gig?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GROUPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ummmm... condoms...

Comment

what does one need to gig ?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">TALENT !

Comment

Working...
              X