Marshall AVT 100, Good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AVT 100, Good buy?

Has anyone here tried the Marshall AVT 100? I’m thinking about buying a new amp and this one seems pretty versatile (3 channels, digital effects). I’m looking for an amp that has good distortion and enough power for jamming with a drummer, and maybe to gig small clubs. The AVT 100 seems to be a good choice but I wanted to get some feedback and opinions from some people who have used them. The reviews on Harmony Central seem to be pretty good. I don’t really trust my judgment when trying things out in stores, I have tried out some gear that I have loved in the store and hated when I actually got it home.

Re: Marshall AVT 100, Good buy?

I have an AVT50, and have tried an AVT 100. They are ok, but i dont really like the distortion on them. the lowend sound like crap on them, but thats my opinion. I suggest trying one out for a long time at the store.

Comment

However, tha Marshall Avt and Peavey Transtube are probably the best Valvestate amps, if you really want a valvestate.

Comment

I have a Marshall AVT150H for sale. Ill ship it to you for 450 bucks.
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

you are better off with a CRATE...
          they have amps that are very similar to the marshall avt's at a lower price...

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples:
            I have a Marshall AVT150H for sale. Ill ship it to you for 450 bucks.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll have to think about that, I wonder what the duty cost would be on $450 usd (I live in Canada). I'll let you know if i'm interested. Thx

Comment

How are the Peavy Transtubes? I’ve seen some good things about them on this board. I’ll have to admit the only reason I was checking out Marshall Valvestates is because I read in an interview with Chuck Schuldiner that he used a Marshal Valvestate (how stupid is that). Marshall also has a pretty good reputation.

Comment

Working...
              X