Skid Row ...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skid Row ...........

for a while Sabo was endorsing peavey (post SB days.)
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Didn´t ADA go out of business because of a warehouse-fire or something? I think I´ve heard that somewhere...

Comment

I do know them dudes played Custom Hamer guitars, very cool, my 2nd favorite guitar, can you guess the first [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Here you go... Snake sabo's rig:

2 100 watt Marshall heads, ADA, Yamaha SPX90 (as noise gate) Furman PQ-4 parametric eq, Digitech DSP-128 + (reverb) and an Ibanez tube screamer on the floor

[ June 21, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

There was an album after Slave to the Grind, I think it was called Subhuman Race, it's quite good, different sound again completely and there's a great song about the fight that Seb and Snake had in between that and STTG.

KMD is a division of Ovation guitars and they probably used them cause Bon Jovi were endorsing them about that time. I don't think they took off.

Comment

It is Subhuman Race, and though it didn't generate any radio hits it's a great album. Very different as Genebaby said, and to me it was their masterpiece as far
              as the band maturing in style. Too bad alternacr@p was so dominant that it slipped beneath the waves. I saw them at the Hollywood Palladium that tour and they were raging live! My buddy cracked his ribs in the mosh pit!

Rick, if you heard Subhuman Race you might not call them clowns anymore.

Rich
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich,

Oh I know they are great guitarists, but I have the Say can you Scream video and they all act like a bunch of arrogant, irritating assholes.
                Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

They're just having fun in that video...hell I would probably be the same, young and touring the world...what a cool thing to do...

Comment

I loved Skid Row, and Subhuman Race was a great album! I had two copies, gave one to my cousin, my ex-wife swiped the other. Uggh, now I gotta go buy another copy.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick:
                      I guess this can go here, What kind of amps did the clowns in Skid Row use? I don't care for them much, but they have a few great tunes and their sound is pretty decent.

Just curious.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are NOT clowns!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

THEY ARE ONE OF THE GREAT BANDS THAT MADE THE 80S!!

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Cham [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Rick:
                        I guess this can go here, What kind of amps did the clowns in Skid Row use? I don't care for them much, but they have a few great tunes and their sound is pretty decent.

Just curious.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are NOT clowns!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

THEY ARE ONE OF THE GREAT BANDS THAT MADE THE 80S!!

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Cham [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, they barely made the '80s, since their first album came out in '89. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Agreed, they were a great band, though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X