Behringer Rack Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Rack Stuff

Anyone know how the Behringer Virtualizer Pro and Modulizer Pro rack effect/pre-amp units are? They kind of seemed catered to vocals to me, but my buddy is offering to sell me his for pretty cheap (I dunno which of the two he has)...I've never used one so I was wondering if it's worth my time to check it out as a guitar pre-amp? I was planning on starting a rack this summer so I figured I'd ask around about this stuff as it seems pretty cost effective...

Re: Behringer Rack Stuff

The new Virtualizer has presets for guitar in it now. If you're going to go with Behringer, I'd go with that one over the other, due to the dual engine in it. Also, I wouldn't use it as a preamp, just for effects.

[ June 19, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Donnie Cretsinger ]

Comment

I can get it off of my buddy for $150 CDN, so would you guys say it would be beneficial just to have it and keep around just for recording vocals and stuff? I'm probably not going to get it, because I don't have any need for such an elaborate unit that is just for effects, as I only ever really run a Chorus on my clean sound and the rest of my sounds are pretty dry...

Comment

In your case (especially for that price). Go for it! It has great sounding effects. Just not as versatile as I thought it would be. Crap some stand alone stomp boxes that sound worse than this unit are twice that price! Just look at a Boss DD stomp. The delay on this alone is worth it.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I tried it out, and I agree the delays sounded absolutely awesome...but I decided against it, as because I'm only 16, 150$ is basically all I have kickin around right now lol, so I'm gonna wait and save up a bit for a full featured preamp, like a Voodu Valve or something...on that note, anyone have any good pre-amp suggestions that aren't Boogie, Egnater, CAE, or any other super expensive hand wired tube thing I will never be able to afford? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm in the same situation as DummpyWummpy, except i got a few more franklins saved up, any suggestions?

Comment

For the money you get very rich Modulation, delay, reverb and other enhancing (Exciter) effects, also a couple different noise suppressions that work well and everything is very tweakable, but like Donnie said, don't use it as a pre amp.

I did not like the distortions/OD sounds or amp sims at all. Other dislikes were the fact that you can't, say... have the noise gate on all the time with other effects same with all the enhacing effects. They have preset combos like delay/rev or chorus/delay but you couldn't have a gate running as well. Also there is a full second delay between patches, this alone made be sell it.

I would like one just for an all around effects unit cuz you could use it for recording, vocals or whatever it just didn't work for me live.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

mh,maybe a rocktron chamaleon?

Comment

I've got a Chameleon for sale if you guys are interested.
                  $180.
                  This thing is killer, I just don't use it.
                  I have 3 other preamps and a head that I use primarily and would rather sell/trade this unit to get more of an effects only unit. <Intellifex, G-Major, etc>

Comment

I bought the Behringer Parametric EQ. It was a horribly tone sucking piece of umm, gear... Quiet though...

Ny Furman PQ3 is tremendously better sounding. But 10 times as noisy...

Comment

Working...
                    X