No announcement yet.

Where can I find a peavey rock master?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a peavey rock master?

I've pretty much settled on one for my rack. I'm only a part time guitarist, and really cant invest anymore money than that. The problem is My peavey dealer doesn't even know what I'm talking about? Did this product change names/ or discontinue? I only see used prices quoted online, but I'm not all that internet savvy, so maybe I'm just missing something obvious. Also on Peavey's online catalog only the foot pedal is listed? Wierd.

Re: Where can I find a peavey rock master?

Your friendly eBay store. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] These things flux from 50 bucks to 150.00.. I'd say 90.00-100.00 is a fair price for one in decent shape, depends on how bad you want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38076

[ June 20, 2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Hey Man, do yourself a favor and get a Peavey TubeFex... that thing has a preamp that is very similar to the Rockmaster and tons of cool sounding effects... even the presets are cool!... these things sell for about US$250 but they are worth every single penny.

Comment

I believe it is discontinued, but since the footswitches wear out they still offer those.

I just got one off Ebay for $110 shipped,
        with footswitch, and I'm very pleased with it. I've also read good reviews of the Tubefex, but have also read about failure and reliability issues too. I'd
        personally prefer a dedicated preamp and
        a separate dedicated effects unit myself.
        With FIVE(!) effects loops, the Rockmaster is certainly a versatile mini
        switching system as well as a great tone
        generator for the price.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerx, is that thing brutal? Sorta like A 5150?

Sounds interesting...

Comment

I haven't owned a 5150, but it is pretty
            brutal. It's basically the preamp that is in the Ultra amps, which were the basis for the XXX. It has 3 channels, Clean, Crunch and Ultra. The Crunch and Ultra share a 3-band EQ with a pull-pot mid-shift while the clean has its own 3-band + prescence EQ. The Crunch and
            Ultra channels each have pull-pots for higher gain too, which is the ticket for
            both. It also has seperate effects loops for each channel, one for the crunch and ultras common, and one that's
            common to all 3 channels, and 2 outputs;
            one a 1v for recording/board, and one a 3v for driving a power amp.

Certainly not going to sway any Soldano
            or CAE owners, but for $110 shipped I'm
            pretty damn happy with the sound and flexibility. Now if I can scoop up a cheap Intellifex and a decent cheap power amp, with my IPS33 for harmonies and maybe a BBE, I'd have a decent cheap rack setup. The budget is tight since I'm not working. Until I get a power amp, I do have 2 VM100 1/2-stacks that I've considered using the power amp ins for 100w per channel stereo output, until I can afford a decent power amp.

I'd say that, cheap as they are, you could get one and try it, and if you don't like it it'd be easy to sell for what you paid, maybe a bit more. I have heard the ones with white relays are failure-prone, but ones with yellow relays are fine (better quality parts).
            I of course don't know which mine has, as
            I am barely competent to change tubes and
            fuses! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I would say it would at least be an adequate super-cheap backup unit, but you
            are much more knowledgeable than I am about tone, and you DO use a CAE, so.....
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, I'm looking for a brutal chug. And it takes a lot to get the "refined" CAE to be really evil. Mine does well with EQ. But, might be a thought to check out a Rockmaster.

That would too F-ing funny. Toss the CAE for a 100 dollar Peavey... Unlikely I guess (the clean tone is prety amazing). But, that would be quite ironic considering what the CAE cost me.

Comment

Well, the clean on the Rockmaster is the
                weakest part of the preamp - in fact I think the separate loop for the clean channel is so you can put a chorus on it
                QUICKLY! Not much sparkle or shimmer to it. I like the crunch and Ultra channels
                though, and my guitars are all passive
                other than the Model 6 having the midboost. I imagine your EMGs would really get the most out of the Rockmaster
                chugwise!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X