what stompboxes are you currently using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what stompboxes are you currently using

I have only got a DOD Death Metal Distortion.I rarely use it now since I got Digitech's RP300A,and their GNX3 processors!

DAN (RHOADSFAN_74)

Comment

the classics

shawnlutz.com

Comment

Just using a Snarling Dogs Super Bawl wah and it's dangerous enough just having that on stage for people to kill, let alone other pedals or an actual foot controller/rack setup. Two big assed *****es fell on my wah cause they overbalanced while dancing, and the second one killed it. Luckily my tech was able to wire in a replacement jack later on......stupid members of the public...[/sook mode]... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey, *****es got bleeped out!

[ June 24, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Genebaby ]

Comment

LOL @ Vic! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] B1tches, man... b1thces! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm using a Vox Wah, Arion stage tuner, MXR Flanger, Ibanez Metal Charger and a MT2 going thru a Boss NS2 noise supressor, Then to Boss PQ4 parametric EQ pedal, Boss Pitch Shifter Delay (PS2), Arion DD2 digital Dleay, Plus a couple of foot switches for bypassing my Quardverb and microverb.
            Gil

[ June 25, 2003, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Live Rig: Line6 Flextone HD with Floorboard
              Backup Rig: Line6 PodPro, Boogie 50/50, Line6 Floorboard

Extra pedals for fun:
              Boss GT-6
              Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal
              Boss HR-2 Harmonist
              Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
              Ibanez PT-9 Phaser

...and in the "box of pedals that are worthless, but I can't just throw or give away because I horde crap like this"
              Peavey Chorus Pedal
              Peavey DEP-16 Stereo Effects Pedal (this ones kinda cool)
              Peavey Overdrive Pedal
              Dod EQ
              Rocktek Distortion (my very first pedal ever!)

Comment

Vol pedal, Crybaby from hell wah, ts 808
                www.kiddhavok.com
                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Right now only the MT-2. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

haven't messed with my pedals in ages so they're all packed away (somewhere).

Currently using a Korg Toneworks AX1500G multi-effects.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

My general set-up is a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, then a Boss DD-5 Digital Delay for a slight echo effect. Occasionally, I'll throw in a Vox Wah when I'm feeling frisky...or had too many beers. A lot of times those are one in the same, but be that as it may...

I picked up a Boss PS-5 Super Shifter a couple of months ago and have been doodling around with it. That one is very interesting but I still haven't figured out all the different functions on it.

Yes, I do have a Boss FZ-2 Hyperfuzz, but I never use it. I feel like I have to keep it though for some reason... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I usually don't use pedals much, except to add to certain parts of certain songs, but around here I have kicking around:
                        BOSS MT-2(THE metal distortion pedal)
                        Ibanez TS-9
                        BOSS DD-5 Delay
                        BOSS PH-2 Phaser
                        Ibanez FL5 (POS Flanger)

In my experience the BOSS pedals kick DOD and Ibanez(except the TS9) pedals butts around like it's no joke.

Comment

Stomper-wise, there tends to be three/four units that live semi-permanently on my pedalboard and others get added/removed as needed.

Today's setup (in order):

Ibanez PH7. Nice little phaser, very versatile and you can get some good sounds out of it. It's a ToneLok unit, which I suspect puts people off a litle, but it's pushed various MXR units off my board at the moment. 'Tis a very under-rated unit.

ProCo Vintage Rat. This is what I use when I need some fairly heavy fuzzy distortion. Has a good warm crunch, it's tighter-sounding than that of the Muff. When running it alongside a transparent OD unit you can get some great tones.

Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer. This is my most-used stomper. Brilliant for pushing tube amps, it's a fairly transparent unit so it lets the characteristics of your guitar come through nicely.

EH Deluxe Memory Man. As far as analog delays go, this is one of my favourites. It's a classic. Not for everyone - some people prefer the crisper and cleaner digital delays, but I like it. One gripe is that it's a bit of a tone-sucker, so I tend to have it in a loop so I can take it out of my signal path when I don't need it.

Most of the time I also use a Samson rackmount compressor, kind of simlar idea to the Behringer two-channel comps we all know and love, except this one's blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:

In my experience the BOSS pedals kick DOD and Ibanez(except the TS9) pedals butts around like it's no joke. [/QB]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're probably right - certainly going by current units anyway. Boss have produced relatively few rubbish units relative the the amount of stuff they're churned out over the years. I reckon that if it's a Boss unit then it might not be the best out there but odds are it'll do the job. Never been impressed by DOD and, much as I like the old-school Ibanez stuff, their current ToneLok series is a very mixed bag.

Comment

ME-50. Does the trick, but I'm always tweaking to try and get a better sound.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

voodoo lab: analoge chorus, sparkle drive, proctavia

dunlop 535 q wah

mxr phase 90
                                mxr smart gate

Comment

Working...
                                X