Any 1x15 guitar amps out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 1x15 guitar amps out there?

I'm looking for a 1x15 guitar amp for some heavier/beefier sounds than the typical 10" or 12" guitar speakers. I've heard of Fender and Peavey making some old models like this. What models or other brands have you guys heard of, and are there any new 1x15s being made today? Doesn't matter if it's tube or solid state. I had an old Peavey bass combo 1x15 years ago, but I'd prefer a regular guitar version. Thanks!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Any 1x15 guitar amps out there?

SRV used 15's in some of his amps. I think they were Fenders. Doesn't the Bassman combo have a 15 in it? I know that some of the older Fender Combo's did.

Comment

if i remember correctly, Mark Tremonti from Creed uses 1x15" cabs, but i dont think any amp combos exist anymore...

~eric

Comment

I think the only aombo amps now that have 15's in them are bass combos. I haven't seen any 1x15 guitar amps in a while. If you like, I could build you an excessively huge 2x15 cabinet... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks. Maybe I'll just search for a cheap bass combo then. Or maybe an excessively huge 2x15 should be the way to go! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Fender still makes a 1x15" guitar combo. It's called the '64 viroverb custom. The amp was designed with Ceasar Diaz...it's $2100 though [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Look for one of those old, tall "baby coffin" Fender cabs. They had 2x15" to "intimidate" Marshall players. You can find them used for under $250.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Fender pro's.. dual showmans has 2x15 cabs.

I saw a Trace Elliot Bonneville combo with a stock 15" on the Bay within the last year or so.. thats about as close as I can get.

Comment

I'm thinking that Randall has a 1x15 or 2x15 cab that goes along with the Warhead. Might wanna look into that. There's always a million Warheads on ebay, you might find something there - or go to www.avatarspeakers.com and se if you can find anything there. Talk to Dave - he might be able to help you out or even design something for you.

Comment

Cool. Thanks, guys! That gives me more options. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X