just bought a behringer v-amp2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just bought a behringer v-amp2

Just bought a behringer v-amp2 for practicing at home since all my **** is at our rehearsal studio. So far im pretty impressed. Especially considering the price. I was skeptical about the distortions from reviews ive read, but with the drive option enabled, and the correct cab emulator and settings, the little ****er sounds pretty damn good for 130 bucks. The effects arent the greatest, but ive been able to get alot of different and really good clean/lead/crunch tones.
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: just bought a behringer v-amp2

nice man, I have just bought one myself and I will post my opinions when I get it... I hope it makes me happy cuz otherwise I will have to look for a POD XT...

Comment

i won one ar christmas time and its great

i cant reallt tell if the patches are like the real jobs but to me they sound cool

and for the price i doubt you could get much better

David

[ June 27, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: The Enema ]

Comment

hey cool man v-amps rock for the price you pay [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

here are some recordings done with the v-amp 2

http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2001/shredforpeace.mp3

http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2001/cloudstrife.mp3

Comment

I tried one once at work when the V-Amp 2 just came out. It sounded respectable when playing thru the headphones. So then I decided to check it out thru an amp to see if it sounded any good that way. Well my suspitions were correct. It sounded like @ss thru the FX loop on a Marshall DSL401. I was just going into the FX loop return so i was just useing it as a power amp and not coloring it with the preamp of the Marshall.
          I guess they throw in the gig bag with it to make up for it's lack of tone when played live.
          Just my two cents worth.
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
            I was just going into the FX loop return so i was just useing it as a power amp and not coloring it with the preamp of the Marshall.
            I guess they throw in the gig bag with it to make up for it's lack of tone when played live.
            Just my two cents worth.
            Gil
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you're going to be using it live, why bring an amp at all? It would be better just to go direct into the board with it then.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They are not really meant for live use, apparently they don't change patches too quickly. Hell, if you're gonna play live, spend a bit more. I have one and love how it sounds thru the pc, where it lives as my home practice set-up.

Comment

Yeah They do sound descent thru headphones and probaly ok thru a computer too. But I was also looking at it at a direct competitor to the Pod. or Pod XT. Both of which are designed for home, studio use, and live use. The Behringer doesn't compete with the Pod 2.0 for live tones. ANd yes it does switch patches kind of slow. As a less expensive alternative to the Pod Behringer should've put a bit more into it to get it to sound good live and be functional in a live situation. As far as using it in an amp goes it is a widley done with the Pods so why not with this too? Yeah it would make sense to run it thru the mixer but not every application has that practicality. Line 6 did it right and Behringer is trying to ride on thier coat tails. Just like with Mackie,BBE, DBX, Alesis. and many other companies they copy thier ideas from and run with. Yeah I have a Behringer mixer but it was 50 bucks used so I said hell yeah.
                Behringer could do the Vamp2 better than they did. They added more options than the origanl but it still just doesn't cut it against the Pods/
                Gil

Comment

true, but with all the money i have invested in my rack setup, i didnt wanna spend another 250-400 bucks just for a headphone practice amp. the v-amp2 works great, serves its purpose, and was cheap as hell.
                  www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Heads make pretty ****ty power amps anyway, I've used my Vamp 2 live through my Peavey Classic 50/50 and it sounded awsome, just make sure the gain isn't too high and the cab sims are off, works great. It does sound rather bad through an amps FX Loop or power amp in, but everything does. A good power amp makes it sound great.

As for recording, if its ran through a mixer it works great, also without a mixer its ok, tons of different tones to play with and a good clean recording sound.

Comment

Working...
                    X