DigiTech RP300 yep POD XT nope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiTech RP300 yep POD XT nope

I had played with a POD XT, and was thoroughly impressed. After all I read about the manufacturing problems however, I was very leery about buying one. I also wasn't thrilled with having to pay out $600+ for the unit and floorboard. So I started looking at alternatives.

I settled on a Digitech RP300. I paid $125. So far, I am thrilled with it. Might not be 100% as good as the POD, but it is damned close, and much cheaper. Plus, you have 3 footswitches and an expression pedal. And, there's a good number of great free patches out there to program in!

I recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to the POD XT!

Best of all, my Fusion Special sounds surprisingly good through it with its miserable pickups! Much, much better than going straight to my amp or through my existing FX. I am impressed.

Re: DigiTech RP300 yep POD XT nope

I played all the RP's recently and thought they were good also but only when I used them in front of the amp. In the loop was not so good and rather thin. Also the RP's I tried loved the solid state amps but squealed horribly with the tube amps. Granted I only spent an hour and a half tweaking the Rp's but did get some usable tones and some cool FX. The amp model I used were a Marshall Valvestate and a Marshall MD 50 watt model for Solid State and Marshall DSL 100 watt and a used Peavey 5150 for tube amps. Not a bad product but but not close to an XT. And hey I have an expression pedal and four channel switches along with stomp,delay,modulation and comp footswitches along with switches for 64 presets. But I got the matching Line6 MIDI FBV shortboard. But I did spend $650 total versus the $200 for the RP. Tthe tones in the XT are more organic compared to other modeling units. Closest too the real deal on most amp and effects models than any other modeler/multi-pedal I have tried. And I tried many, many of them in the past year and a half. Tthe RP's are great units for the $ though.

Ric

Comment

Re: DigiTech RP300 yep POD XT nope

In my opinion only... for the $, sure. If $ is the deciding factor, you're absolutely right, since you can't get an XT for $125.

If Price didn't matter, that would be a totally different story. Oh well, enjoy what ya have and play the heck out of it! that's all that matters.

Pete

Comment

Working...
      X