Various Stopmbox-es question/solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Stopmbox-es question/solution

Let's say that you are not a multi fx kind a guy and like 4 stompoxes inseatd to improve and upgrade your sound!

The problem is where i say t that in order for live performances, to get 2 different spund you need to bend in the middle of the show and turn the knobs, where a multi fx you have all the presets stored!

But then again some say the multi fx lack the liveness, the first pluck, you know?

What i am asking is how to get the efficiency and easy to use at live show from the stompboxes!
    I say Korn's Head and Munky's gear list,
    They are completely nuts!
    10 or more Ibanez's plugged in!

How do they avoid ''step'' dancing on stage?

Is not there a way to plug them in to a unit that could store the presets of combination of stompboxes you would like to use!

The unit would have let say 8 inputs, for 8 different effects!
    And would be capable of midi controlling!

The problem is solved!

Comments!

Is a ''midi patchmate'' something like that?

Re: Various Stopmbox-es question/solution

most major bands have their effects changed offstage, that could be why you don't see many bands "step dancing" as you put it...
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Another possibility is the use of loop or ABY boxes to activate or bypass certain effects. I used to have a DOD Gate/Loop pedal, which is basically just a self-contained effects loop in pedal form, to kick on my EQ and delay for leads. A couple of those, each controlling a particular combination of pedals, would give you a lot of options, even without MIDI.

Currently, I'm using a Morley ABY as the first pedal on my board, sending Channel A to my "main" effects and Channel B to an octave pedal and a bass amp. Both signals coming out of the ABY are clean. Some of my effects further down the chain are stereo, and could accomodate addition effects going to yet another signal path or amp.
      sigpic

Comment

Bradshaw switching systems can do exactly what you're asking about. If you have the guts to look at their price list (*SHUDDER*) check them out at:
        http://www.customaudioelectronics.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 11miles:
          Is not there a way to plug them in to a unit that could store the presets of combination of stompboxes you would like to use!

The unit would have let say 8 inputs, for 8 different effects!
          And would be capable of midi controlling!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Carl Martin Combinator does exactly that. I believe Musician's Friend sells them, or they did at one time anyway.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That combinator is pretty cool, the only reason I didn't go with one is cause I wanted something to change my channels also.

Black Mariah hit it on the nose, If you can take that first initial shock to your system from the prices, a Brashaw system is the ticket.

However, I use the same sort of system -except it is made by Digital Music Corp. It's called a Gcx, and you can controll it with a midi pedal.

It only cost me 400.00 a lot cheaper than the Bradshaw stuff. Oh and yea a Patchmate is one of those kinds of switchers also, but they don't make them anymore.
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

BUMPAGE: Update

Anyone Hear try the Combinator 2?

Comment

Working...
              X