Power conditioners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power conditioners

Is there a good, less-expensive alternative to Furman in the world of rack power conditioning? For instance, the Rack Rider RR15-Plus.

Re: Power conditioners

I don't know about cheaper, but Juice Goose power conditioners are supposed to be very good.

Comment

Furman's aren't very expensive at all really. You can get one with the lights on it for like $80 new.I like playing with the lights when I am bored in the studio.

Comment

Anyone used the Furman with the built-in tuner? I've read some reviews that were a bit harsh in terms of the tuner accuracy, but I'm considering putting together a compact rack system and would see some benefits to a combination unit.
        sigpic

Comment

all of those that you stated really arent power conditioners....they are just rack mounted outlet strips....if you want to really protect your gear and keep a consistant tone you need a furman ar1215....that actually regulates the voltage and supplies your rack with a consistant voltage which protects from spikes and drop offs

Comment

To expand upon what Trillian says, the normal Furman PL-8 merely filters the AC line and offers voltage "spike" protection. This is usually fine - it cuts the racket from "dirty" power and can save your digital stuff in a "spike" situation - but for handling true voltage issues, you need a full blown balanced conditioner or regulator, like the IT-1220.

Check out the Furman Site - it's got a lot of info that seems pretty useful.

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
            X