Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooking up a POD to a notebook

Guys,
    i've just gotten myself a notebook(at last! no more doing homeworks at school) and i want to hook up my POD to it. How to i go about doing it?

Thanx
    Cham

Re: Hooking up a POD to a notebook

Hey Cham, All you should have to do is hook your headphones out to your mic or line in on your notebook. A simple adapter at the end of your cord should do it. If you have the XT you must do this to monitor your sound but you may record over USB. However the POD 2.0 must record through the headphones or right,left lines out. Also make sure your sound is configured in Windows to record with Mic or Line in.

Ric

Comment

Ric,
      how do i download the effect files from the line6 website? i can't seems to find a line out from my notebook to the POD 2.0.

Thanx
      Cham

Comment

Hey Cham I think you have to have Midi in and out hooked up for patch/effects downloads. If you dont have Midi ports on your computer you can get a Midi adapter that plugs into your sound card from Radio Shack or other electronic/computer parts shop and you may also need two Midi cables. The Midi adapter should not be very expensive. I got one for less than $40 from Radio Shack.

Ric

Comment

Sweet!!

A whole truck of thanksss
          cham [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Anytime my friend. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . And keep us posted on how it goes Cham. Rock On!

Ric

Comment

Working...
            X