Mesa Solo 50 Head Effects Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Solo 50 Head Effects Loop

does anyone here have a solo 50 head or a rectoverb head or any other mesa that has a parallel effects loop with mix knob control?

I have been running quite a few effects, all stompboxes, through it( successfully ) . from the send to a morley wah to a graphic eq to a flanger to the return. With the mix set to 100 % for the most effect out of the pedals. Well, I have always been using this with distortion, as I don't usually play much clean, but I switched the amp over to the clean channel and it was really distorted.

I thought it might just be one of the pedals so I hooked them up individually and they all distorted the clean sound, exept the eq when it was turned off, I think because it is true bypass.

I also tried turning down the mix level, but at a level where it wasn't distorted was too low to even tell that I had ANY effects hooked up.

I read the manual for the solo 50 and in the effects loop section it only refers to using "effects processors" does this mean that if I bought a G major or an [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Intellifex online that I wouldn't have the problem with the clean channel.

I know that was a bit long winded, sorry.
    thanks in advance for any responses.

nandrewjackson [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Mesa Solo 50 Head Effects Loop

oh yeah, also, I made sure the gain was low down and all that, so It wasn't the preamp distorting.

nan

Comment

Hmm. That's strange. I have a Single Recto and I've been using the loop with an EQ w/o probs. I also hooked up my Peavey TubeFex thru the loop on clean and dirty channels and didn't have a problem.

What are the levels on your effects set at? I leave my EQ ouput level at zero.

Comment

Wah's don't work in the effects loop. Only time based effects work well ie.. chorus, delay, reverb, flange and EQ's. Rack mount stuff works better than floor pedals. Wah's need to go between your guitar and your amp input. The wah should be the closest thing to your guitar in your chain. The only thing that can go in between your guitar and a wah is a pedal tuner.

Comment

Working...
        X