Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you ahve top say about these amps ( i need all the help i can get)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you ahve top say about these amps ( i need all the help i can get)

they dont carry any of these amps in my local stores its all fender and marshall and crate and peavy and mesa around here.So lend me your opinions bad or good on these amplifiers. Im in an opethish type of thrash death metal band. i dont wanna go too clsoe to 1,500 speaker cabs i have so thats no worry.

Randall XL Series Cyclone 300W Guitar Head

Soldano HR50XL Hot Rod 50-Watt Single Channel Amp Head

Soldano Avenger

Randall XL Series Titan 300W Guitar Head

Recomend other amplifiers if you want. and let me know good online dealers for these ampilifiers or for you new jersey guys recomend good stores.

Re: What do you ahve top say about these amps ( i need all the help i can get)

For the sake of not starting another thread, can you guys also give some info on the Randall warhead, compared to say a 5150, or engl powerball..cheers

Comment

There is no comparison between a Warhead and 5150....because 5150s sounds decent. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The Soldano stuff is pretty cool but probably not nearly the gain that thou seek ....unless you throw the a friggin pedal in the front.....I definately like the Cyclone better that the Warhead but I like Randall RG 80s and 120s better than both for a fraction of the cost....Solid state sounds very obnoxious when pushed hard and you still can't hear it over a loud drummer.....stick with a tube amp....like a 5150!!!

I like thge Engls that I heard but for the cash get a Bogner or VHT......or just save a bundle and get the damn 5150 already [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !!!

Later Dude!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ July 04, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

cheers man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] i ended up not getting the mark III, and the 5150 II is on sale here in sydney; so it looks like its it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Well if it's good enough for "Gothenburg" it's good enough for me!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey bill welcome back !

Comment

Thank you sir! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X