LINE6 HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINE6 HD147

Anyone try one of these yet? Just curious to what you guys think about the sound of the amp. I don't care to hear any opinions of the modeling technology though. just want the thoughts of people that tried it because they were interested in it.

Re: LINE6 HD147

If i wasn't completely happy with my current rig I would by one in a heart beat. They sound great. They are designed for the High gain needs of the nu-metal and thrash type stuff. There's one setting ( i dont remember the name of it) but it sounded awsome. It was a Boogie with a Rat in the front end. even got the hissyness quality of the Boogie down perfectly.
    They sound great.
    and come with a cover that doubles as a polish cloth to keep the chrome of the head clean. And they look cool on stage too.
    Gil

Comment

Well I bought one yesterday! All I can say is that it sounds Fantastic!!! Very cool indeed.

Comment

Hey Fretburner, I'm going off the Line 6 topic here, but is that an American Ironhorse Texas Chopper on your avatar? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Wendell:
          Hey Fretburner, I'm going off the Line 6 topic here, but is that an American Ironhorse Texas Chopper on your avatar? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wendell, Sure is!

Comment

I haven't heard much about these amps, what's the premise behind them?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
              I haven't heard much about these amps, what's the premise behind them?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Basically, it's the same frontside setup as the Flextone III, but it has different amp models, mainly of the F'IN HIGH GAIN variety. Some Bogner, Diezel, Peavey, etc.... It's the replacement model for the HD - you'll see those going for next to nothing soon, if not already.

Comment

Next to noting if not already? hahaha you're funny dude! They were just released june 26th! Dealer's are lucky if they can get one for stock!

Comment

Fret.... I played one a few weeks ago. you get rid of your Vetta?

I really really like my vetta. When a guy like Michael Romeo uses it that makes me have even more confidence in it.

The HD 147 sounded even better than the Vetta IMO. I would seriously consider that amp.
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tetsuo, I bought the new HD147 with a 4 X 12 It kick's major booty!

I still have the Vetta and it is for sale. It has Ver. 1.10

Comment

Yeah I just picked up my Vetta a week ago on your suggestion. I really like the Engl powerball though so it might be hard to get rid of anyway.

Comment

Man I am tempted now to go for teh HD. I really did like the power section when I played it

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner:
                          Next to noting if not already? hahaha you're funny dude! They were just released june 26th! Dealer's are lucky if they can get one for stock!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was talking about HD's - read the post again and you may notice that I mentioned the HD. I wasn't talking about the prices on the 147. I might have been born at night, but not LAST night... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Guitar Center just blew their remaining new stock HD'z out (in Mpls) last week for under $500. You can regularly find them on ebay for $500.

I think I know what I'm talking about... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

It's the replacement model for the HD - you'll see those going for next to nothing soon, if not already.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chris, I didn't doubt you knew what you were talking about. It just sounded like your were talking about the HD147 in what you typed. I guess I read it fast.

I do know what I'm talking about! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's the replacement model for the HD - you'll see those going for next to nothing soon, if not already.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chris, I didn't doubt you knew what you were talking about. It just sounded like your were talking about the HD147 in what you typed. I guess I read it fast.

I do know what I'm talking about! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No biggie! Wish I had some cash around so I could buy the HD 147 though. Or at least a Flex III XL... Maybe even a Duoverb...hmmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X