LINE6 HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LINE6 HD147

Ahhhhhhhh Captain, I didn't realize this was you!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Yeah the Vetta is a great amp! I still love mine but don't need it now that I bought the HD.

Comment

Chris, If you have a chance try the HD147 it's awesome.

John

Comment

I will as soon as I see one. I haven't been out much lately - it's kinda silly since I'm broke. Tortuous might be a better word! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Kinda like going to strip clubs...without the SKANKY strippers... I can beat my head against the wall without the extra help, ya know? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Think they'll make it into a combo version, or do you think they'll just stick with the Flex III, and make everyone who wants one buy the head version? It wouldn't surprise me to see a combop down the road, but usually they come out with the combos first, so I have my doubts.

I'm a HUGE Line6 fan, but they've been coming out with so much stuff lately that their production has been exceeding my budget! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I talked to the rep when I demoed the head a few weeks ago It is to be a head only. The Flex will cover the combo version. You need all the models in teh combo they send you to vetta.

If you are a Line6 Fan the HD 147 will rock you. I always thought the power section in the Flex II HD was good ya know well this is much better. I have the Vetta combo now but I might go the way of John to the HD147. It really cooks.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

i ab'd the hd147 and the vetta hd with the 1.10 software, and the vetta had 10x's the ass of the hd. had it running thorugh the exact same cab, and vetta killed. It's all opinion, i guess, but the 2.0 software will have all the hd stuff, so the vetta is a better buy, and you can run 2 uberschalls at the same time, talk about mean.

the music store owner owed me some $ from doing his website so he gave me the vetta hd, and it freaking rips. I have it going through my 2 older boogie 4x12 (half back metal grille) cabs and it crushes. I was just listening to patrickjp's uber clips and have the sound nailed.

time to dump the rack gear, and my back will love me.

Dave

Comment

Terrax-I run a Vetta w/ Boogie half-backs too......wicked low end! Can't wait for the upgrade! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

M

Comment

OklaStar from the board here loaned me his Vetta for the weekend... I'm going to try it out at rehearsal, and if it works out then I'm getting one. From messing with it, there are a few tiny artifacts here and there that I can hear, but this is software 1.10, the 2.0 is supposed to improve the amps a little bit, add 24 NEW amp models, more effects, etc.

Plus I love the idea of taking one head, a power cable, speaker cable, Ethernet cable (for the footswitch) and a footswitch to a rehearsal/gig. The amount of time and energy this rig would save me in setup and transport would be worth a slight loss in tone.

I look at it this way - does it sound exactly like the amps it's emulating, or does it sound good on it's own? I don't think they are quite there with the 'exact emulation' but the tones you can grab out of one are useful indeed.

Tube amps still rock, but if you need a ton of different tones/effects like I do in a cover band... it's getting to the point that the modelling stuff is very attractive.

Pete

Comment

Pete says, "Tube amps still rock, but if you need a ton of different tones/effects like I do in a cover band... it's getting to the point that the modelling stuff is very attractive."

Well said. That's the point I've been trying to make for years regarding Line6 and other modeling amps. They aren't tube amps, and I don't think they try to be, but they have their place in the muscian's arsenal.

Comment

agreed ye must see them for what they are. So easy to gig with and soundmen love em!

Comment

yes the refrigerator rack was cool when i was 23, not 33 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] the difference 10 years makes. I've played 24 years now, and had all kinds of amps, the "tubes are where its at" mentality for me is fading really fast. Hell it costs over 100 each time i retube my poweramp, and i do it like once every 6 months.

1 head, 1 or two cabs depnding on the venue, foot controller and i'm done. does it sound exactly 100% like the amps it models? probably not, is it 99% i'd say yes. They even have their own sounds. Take into account of tube life, guitar being used, cables, humidity all that, and it's real close.

close enough for rock and roll [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dave

Comment

Dave I so agree... The effects are getting better in the units too perfect gigigng machine.. now that being said I am still interested in some of you gear [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love my HD147 and will NEVER turn back!

Comment

Originally posted by Lesser Known God:
                            I love my HD147 and will NEVER turn back!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought you were a die hard mesa fan man ? and the modeling stuff sucked ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , just kidding , so what do those things sound like ? //Steve

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Steve:
                              I thought you were a die hard mesa fan man ? and the modeling stuff sucked ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , just kidding , so what do those things sound like ? //Steve
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I WAS and STILL AM a Die Hard Mesa/Tube fan. However, I doubt you ever heard me trashing ANYTHING as that's not my thing. My time is better spent supporting the things I DO like rather than talking crap about something I don't.

That being said, this amp is the best thing that's EVER happened to the modeling world. I have my Mesa tone dialed in to a 'T'! And there's so much cool stuff in here it's not even funny. But most importantly, EASE OF USE! I'm an idiot. I need simplicity. Matt's VETTA rocks! But it was just to much for me. Which is why I've also gotten out of the RACK thing. I like to keep things simple... Guitar --> Head ---> Cab. Hell, even the WAH was usable enough for me to do away with my Morley!

Most GC's have one by now. Do yourself a favor and check one out. It's unlike ANY Solid State / Digital Modeling amp I've ever tried.

Comment

LKG, Just ordered some Genz-Benz G-flex cabs. Should be pretty thumping with those! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X