LINE6 HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LINE6 HD147

my buddy is using 2 gflex 2x12's and he said it's awesome. I'll get to hear that saturday night when they play.

i'll post some prices today for the rack gear when i get home [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Lesser Known God:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Steve:
      I thought you were a die hard mesa fan man ? and the modeling stuff sucked ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , just kidding , so what do those things sound like ? //Steve
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I WAS and STILL AM a Die Hard Mesa/Tube fan. However, I doubt you ever heard me trashing ANYTHING as that's not my thing. My time is better spent supporting the things I DO like rather than talking crap about something I don't.

That being said, this amp is the best thing that's EVER happened to the modeling world. I have my Mesa tone dialed in to a 'T'! And there's so much cool stuff in here it's not even funny. But most importantly, EASE OF USE! I'm an idiot. I need simplicity. Matt's VETTA rocks! But it was just to much for me. Which is why I've also gotten out of the RACK thing. I like to keep things simple... Guitar --> Head ---> Cab. Hell, even the WAH was usable enough for me to do away with my Morley!

Most GC's have one by now. Do yourself a favor and check one out. It's unlike ANY Solid State / Digital Modeling amp I've ever tried.
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holy crap man don't bite me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah I am gonna check em out when I get a chance since we have no line6 dealer up here it's gonna be hard , but I can't wait cause I have not heard a bad thing about em yet , do you got a pic of yours ? //Steve

Comment

i'd like to see them come with an optional tube power section. or would that mess up thier precious modelling.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Actually it would... You see they are anti tube for mainly reliability reasons the Power amps are designed for their best sound with their cabs... Now that being said I ahve run a pod pro with a tube power amp and it sounded great. I have a VHT2150 coming and I might try that setup again
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner:
            LKG, Just ordered some Genz-Benz G-flex cabs. Should be pretty thumping with those! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Duuuuude! I run 2 Genz Benz cabs and I can't imagine ANY other cab having a tighter Bass Reponse. It costed me quite a bit, but was well worth it. You'll love'em. I was wondering if you went that route as I saw your Line 6 cab up for sale in the Classified's. Let me know how things work out!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
              holy crap man don't bite me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah I am gonna check em out when I get a chance since we have no line6 dealer up here it's gonna be hard , but I can't wait cause I have not heard a bad thing about em yet , do you got a pic of yours ? //Steve
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahahah It's all in good fun bro, just make sure you have your facts straight next time! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] I don't have any good pics of my current rig but I'll take some tomorrow night. These pics should give you an idea though:

Comment

LKG, hey..........That's my amp!!!! I didn't say you could use it! hahahaha

Yeah I got the G-flexs for 380.00 ea. I sold the 4 x 12 already. Just waiting on the Genz's now... Should be this week. I'll keep ya posted. In the mean time go ahead...Crank on my amp! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lesser Known God:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Steve:
                  holy crap man don't bite me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah I am gonna check em out when I get a chance since we have no line6 dealer up here it's gonna be hard , but I can't wait cause I have not heard a bad thing about em yet , do you got a pic of yours ? //Steve
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahahah It's all in good fun bro, just make sure you have your facts straight next time! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] I don't have any good pics of my current rig but I'll take some tomorrow night. These pics should give you an idea though:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool thanks man !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I am taking to one of my buddies up here who own a guitar store about carrying the line 6 line so he can get me one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] from what I've heard about em they are suppose to sound amazing , what do the bogner and desiel setting sound like ? pretty close ? //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner:
                    LKG, hey..........That's my amp!!!! I didn't say you could use it! hahahaha

Yeah I got the G-flexs for 380.00 ea. I sold the 4 x 12 already. Just waiting on the Genz's now... Should be this week. I'll keep ya posted. In the mean time go ahead...Crank on my amp! LOL
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry dude, I broke into your place and "borrowed" the amp to see if I'd like it! hahahaha I THOUGHT those were your pics, but wasn't sure. They looked good so I stole them and have been using them to show off the overall coolness that is Line 6 HD147! hahahah

$380.00 each?!?!? Thanks! I got robbed! hahahahah

Comment

[/qb]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool thanks man !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I am taking to one of my buddies up here who own a guitar store about carrying the line 6 line so he can get me one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] from what I've heard about em they are suppose to sound amazing , what do the bogner and desiel setting sound like ? pretty close ? //Steve [/QB][/QUOTE]

One thing to remember on modelling amps is that the 'real' amp sitting next to it is going to sound better. It may not be that way in a few years, but right now, you should check one out with that in mind. One can get really cool tones out of a modelling amp, but you're not likely to get an exact duplicate of a certain tube amp model.

I'm actually looking forward, to coming up with my *own* tones, not just copies of certain tube amps. the ability of the Vetta to blend two different amps at the same time is a great idea.

Pete

Comment

from what I've heard about em they are suppose to sound amazing , what do the bogner and desiel setting sound like ? pretty close ? //Steve
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I warn you, if you're a tube lover, DO NOT touch this amp or you'll never turn back. It's THAT good and I was a believer of "Tube Tone" for many years! This thing just keeps getting better and better. EVERY single model sounds fantastic to my ears and with 300 watts, you have all the headroom you need to cut through great! I have never played through a Bogner or Desiel so it's hard to compare. But I can't imagine ANY tube amp sounding better than this. I found my sound!

I'd like to send out a special thanks to my boy Matt (Supercharged 350) for talking me into getting this amp. He had the VETTA and I LOVED what he did with it but 2 things nagged at me... Not enough Gain for MY needs (Which will be fixed in the next software upgrade) and to complex for my puny little brain. Thanks bro! I owe ya big time!

[ August 06, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Lesser Known God ]

Comment

Yeah, I'd agree with you Pete. I don't really try to emulate any particular amp with the Line 6. I have personally never owned an SLO, a JCM800, or a Dual Rec, so while I know what they sound like, I couldn't care less if MY amp sounds exactly like it or not. I could probably do just fine dialing in an amp blind - I don't really care which amp I'm modeling - I just go for a sound that appeals to ME. There's too many packaged sounds out there - I'd rather have my own deal, ya know? I listen to the radio, and it's sooooo hard to tell most of these guitar players apart now - they all play the same riffs through the same gear. The record industry could almost hire one guy to record it all! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Lesser Known God:
                            from what I've heard about em they are suppose to sound amazing , what do the bogner and desiel setting sound like ? pretty close ? //Steve
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I warn you, if you're a tube lover, DO NOT touch this amp or you'll never turn back. It's THAT good and I was a believer of "Tube Tone" for many years! This thing just keeps getting better and better. EVERY single model sounds fantastic to my ears and with 300 watts, you have all the headroom you need to cut through great! I have never played through a Bogner or Desiel so it's hard to compare. But I can't imagine ANY tube amp sounding better than this. I found my sound!

I'd like to send out a special thanks to my boy Matt (Supercharged 350) for talking me into getting this amp. He had the VETTA and I LOVED what he did with it but 2 things nagged at me... Not enough Gain for MY needs (Which will be fixed in the next software upgrade) and to complex for my puny little brain. Thanks bro! I owe ya big time!
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HOLY COW, a Vetta doesn't have enough gain for you?

My mind is reeling... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                              HOLY COW, a Vetta doesn't have enough gain for you?

My mind is reeling... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Muahahaha... Remember, I was the guy who pushed a Tube Screamer IN FRONT of my Mesa Triple Rec. hahahaah

Have you been keeping up on the new Vetta software at The Institute of Noise? That's gonna be ONE KILLER AMP once that upgrade comes out. If you've got the patience to learn all the ins and outs, that'll be THE amp to have.

Comment

You guys are killing me with this thread. I'm right now torn between the HD 147 and the Vetta, and seriously don't know which way to go. I'm leaning towards buying a Vetta I ($1200 new from elderly music)and then getting the free upgrade, but when I read all those wonderful reviews on the HD 147 it makes my decision a tougher one to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X