LINE6 HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LINE6 HD147

Other than the really cool look, the Vetta I once upgraded will have all the same tones the HD147 has and then some. I'd hold out unless you just really want the HD.

FYI, you can get a new HD147 SHIPPED for $1099 at www.riksmusic.com [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

i got the vetta hd, and get the free upgrades when they come out (part of the deal when i bought it). as in a previous post, if you dont like tweaking, get the HD147, if you like the ability to run two amps at one time, lots of options, tons of things to tweak, get the vetta. they are identical in every respect, except one which is they put an eq curve on the outs on the HD147 that can be reproduced in the post eq on the vetta.

also looks like the vetta has been 300 watts all along, thats why they said (200 watts conservatively rated), since it's the same power section in the II and the HD147. all i know as far as volume my vetta will steralize you if you stand in front of it while on 3 or above... stupid loud.

dave

Comment

One question:

In order to maximize the Vetta 2 amps at once experience, do you need 2 cabs? I only have 1 genz benz cab and since I don't gig, I feel one cab is enough. If a second cab is needed in order to fully experience the Vetta 2 amps at once capability, then I think I'll go for the HD 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Econ:
          One question:

In order to maximize the Vetta 2 amps at once experience, do you need 2 cabs? I only have 1 genz benz cab and since I don't gig, I feel one cab is enough. If a second cab is needed in order to fully experience the Vetta 2 amps at once capability, then I think I'll go for the HD 147.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One should be fine. The GB has stereo capability, right? If so, 2x12 is fine - that's all the Vetta combo is. But more is always better, right? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I ran my POD Pro stereo into two cabs stacked and split - wasn't earth-shaking one way or the other. I also ran a Line 6 HD into 2 2x12's BOTH in stereo. Fun, but pretty much useless in real practical situations.

Comment

You cna run it with one cab but if you want a wide stereo sound you need tow cabs to seperate the amps.... Simply a great amp.....
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
            X