Amp Sound Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Sound Help

Ok my VHT Pittbull Classic 100 is acting crazy now and maybe on of you guys can help me out. Anyway, for the last month after it warms up, sometimes the sound is there, and sometimes it isn`t, well barely there. It doesn`t matter what the volume is set at, I can barely here it, and then all of a sudden it comes to normal volume. well, it has gotten worse, now it doesn`t matter how long it warms up, I can barely hear it, and it doesn`t come to volume at all [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks-Jack.

[ July 06, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Re: Amp Sound Help

Sounds like a bad power tube...
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I could be wrong. But my friend had a problem like that but on a solid state head and it was the power cord. So before going and spending alot on tubes. You should try a cord off one of your other amps or go down to radio shack.

Comment

It may be the Power Chord, but I changed the Power Tubes, and it isn`t that, could it be the Pre-Amp Tubes? Jack.

Comment

Found it!!!!!! Wnet out and bought me some Pre-Amp tubes and put those in and yeeha, she came to life!! Ok, I let the amp warm up and then took out the old P-A tubes, and some were very hot and others were cool, I have 6 and would say 2-3 were very hot, is the amp trying to tell me something with this, or is that normal for P-A tubes, are some very hot and others are cool? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Working...
          X