ENGL poweramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL poweramps

would I gain anything significant by replacing my peavey classic 50/50 by an ENGL 930/60 poweramp?

just wondering

thnx

Peter

Re: ENGL poweramps

If that is the MIDI switchable amp - yes! I have one of their old 2x50 poweramps, and it is incredibly versatile...
    You can set up different presence and levels for lead and rhythm channels and tie it in with your preamp if MIDI, so you have dinstincly different tones
    They are loud as hell too!

Comment

is there a noticable difference in sound compared to the peavey? f.i. more bright/dark...

Comment

Sorry -
        Not all that intimate w/ the Peavey, but my guess would be you could make it brighter AND darker (not at the same time) with the presence switching capabilities and multiple channels...

Comment

as far as I know the 930/60 has two independent channels. that means you can ut two different preamps in front of it and switch via FS or midi.
          that's an awesome option IMO!!
          further it has independent EQs and something that's called a bass-boost or whatever... this things is called to get you very much low-end and great balls for dropped heavy riffs etc if you like this...

great amp IMO!!
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

well my kelly is in A# and I got a bbe in the rig, so the low end is the least of my worries. could go for a more powerful sound, brighter without too much treble... so if I'll just gain some low end it's not worth to pull out the extra dough to me...

if I gain some db and a better soundquality, that's a whole other question...

Comment

Working...
            X