Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Good Practice Amps?

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a practice amp because I'm sick of hauling around my 2x12 to jam with friends. Are the small Randall's any good? Any other ideas?

thanks

Re: Any Good Practice Amps?

I hear the Peavey Transtube 112 is good.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not sure how much volume you're looking for, but I dig the Tech21 Trademark 10 when it comes to small non-tube practice amps. I've played the TM 60s, too, and they're great, but I'm not sure how heavy they are.

[ July 10, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Riscchip ]

Comment

well, both of these were a little out of my price range... about $100. I've narrowed it down to the Roland Cube 15 and a Behringer..

Comment

Get the Behringer ripoff of the Trademark 10. For $99, it sounds pretty good. No 'verb, but you can pipe a nanoverb or something thru the fx loop. 30 watts for $99.

Comment

Get a 70's Fender silver face champ, and a pedal.

OK I'm a champ fan.. I actualy love my Champ 12, But I like a "cleaner" distortion think AC/DC

Comment

It's all a matter of personal taste of course, but when it comes to small combos, I say screw these newer little pieces of crap and go with something vintage.

I use a Univox U65G, and it is one of the best damned sounding amps you've never heard of. You can find them on eBay for as little as $50.

They have built-in foot-switchable reverb and tremolo, they're 65 watts, 3 channels and they have a 12" Jensen speaker. And they're really lightweight. No distortion channel, but add a pedal and you're in business.

Comment

I just demo'd just about all the new Marshall MG's and I must they they arent complete cruddy tone anymore.... but as you only wanna spend a lil bit I highly recommend a Dean Markley 15w and just throw a pedal in there if you want a lot of gain.

Comment

Working...
                X