Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this setup work?

Hi guys,
    I own a Marshall 900 SLX, which is a singlechannel amp as most of you probably know. I really love its sound, but the lack of a clean-channel is not acceptable in the long run. Now, I thought I could just buy an AB-switch and a chorus pedal and run that stuff over the PA, instead of (ab)using the Marshall as a poweramp for an Engl 530 or the like. Would that actually work?

Re: Would this setup work?

I used 2 complete rigs and an A/B box for years and it worked great. As for the chorus pedal idea, it should work if you use a direct box. You might need to get a graphic eq on that line to make your guitar sound good. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The Digitech X-Series chorus has a cab sim option

Comment

Thanks to both of you! I've found the Behringer GI200 box to be quite nice, it has speaker sim and is a DI box, optimized for guitar so to say.

Digitech X-Series? I'll check that one out as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Someone made an amp that has no clean channel? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Why?

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

singal channel dosnt mean it has no clean channel, it just means it has one channel [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Rar!

Comment

Working...
            X