Line 6 HD147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 HD147

Just thought I'd drop a quick line to let everyone know I ordered one of these bad boys this morning. There seems to be quite a bit of hoopla surrounding it so I plan on giving it a thurough run through up against my Triple Rec.

If you guys are interested, I'll toss up a quick review once I've had it a bit.

OK, back to lurker mode. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Line 6 HD147

Cool man can't wait for the review...I'm really interested in these heads...

Comment

LKG, You will love it! It kicks *SS. Welcome to the Line 6 Users Group. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Those guys rule! It's my new home. So do you actually have one? Have you recorded any with it yet?

Comment

Hey whats up Troy??? Nice to see you hangin around here. I was actally going to get a flextone HD but bought a 5150 insted... I love the variaty of the line 6 stuff but for the 1 thing that I play the most they just don't have that bite that a 5150 has.
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Troy, yeah I have one. Have not recorded with it yet though.

Comment

I tried one last night briefly - it was alright, but I don't think I'm gonna run out and buy one yet. I think I'd do just as well with the Flextone HD personally. I'd like to be able to spend an afternoon with one and actually have a manual or at least a model/features card available so I would know what amps I'm modeling. The chrome finish was cool, but I think it'll be one of the amps that will need to be handled delicately ALL THE TIME so it doesn't get scratched up. Of course it would look a little odd for you to be loading in and wearing white cotton gloves to move your amp head! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I also tried out a Duotone which was a VERY cool amp. Of all the Line6 stuff out there now, that one perks my interest the most. I'd probably look for the Duotone HD, and get the delay modeler, the DL-4. A basic setup for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD:
                Why would you need a delay modeler with an amp like that? Doesn't it do delay?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, first off, I screwed up - I meant Duoverb... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] DUH!!! But to answer your question, NO. The Duoverb is the first Line6 amp that has no onboard effects. Just reverb.

Comment

Vetta owner here almost jumped for the HD147 but alas I am going to wait until I get the upgrade.

Troy who are you over on the Line 6 forum?
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I didn't realize they were sans effects. Thanks.

Comment

Why would you need a delay modeler with an amp like that? Doesn't it do delay?

Comment

John,

As far as recoording the guy I got my Vetta from got the HD147 (Rrhoads81 I think on institutes site) loves the direct outs. In factt hat was his reason for shedding the Vetta. He didn't even get a cab for a week or 2
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Well, I got it Sat. and I'm loving the hell out of it so far. It's SOOOO easy to use! I managed to get pretty damn close to my Mesa Triple's tone in a matter of minutes!

I'm withholding judgement until I can get with my band and see how well it cuts through though. But at 300 Watts I should have plenty of headroom.

The Bogner Uberschall and Diezel Herbert models are unbelievable!

Clean tones are superb as well. And the effects sound pretty good from what I've heard too.

And DAMN! BEST looking amp I've ever seen! Pictures DO NOT do this bad boy justice! But here are some pics none-the-less:

http://www.lesserknowngod.com/pics/line6

Comment

I dunno man. The pictures look pretty cool. Somewhat looks like, eh, Spaceship. Looks really cool.

Comment

No no....It's a Chrome plated toaster with a nuclear active glow! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

It's a killer amp, I love mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X