Need help with amp settings!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with amp settings!!

Hey everybody! I just got a new amp--the ThrashBlaster .22, and I've gotta say this amp is the most awesome wicked amp I've ever heard! For those of you who haven't heard about these, it's a combo with 1 42" mega-ultra-bass speaker, and 1 knob. The knob is labeled, but I'm illiterate and too lazy to learn to read, so I don't know what the knob is supposed to do.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody might have this amp, and would share your favorite settings with me, to help me find the most wicked awesome sound this mutha's got! I want the most deadly heavy death metal sound I get get out of this sucker! I'm just too lazy and don't have the patience to turn that one knob myself, to find how I like it best. I mean, lordy, I could turn that knob all the way from 1 to 10, trying to find the perfect setting, and that could take nearly forever or something! I just want the coolest death metal extreme sound I can get out of this thing, so I can play it with my band!

Thanks, dudes! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Stu

[ July 19, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: StuTDavis ]

Re: Need help with amp settings!!

That ThrashBlaster .22 is truly one of the most wondrous ever made.

That knob you mentioned is for the Tone-O-Matic controls.

My Settings

Tone-O-Matic set on 3 is the perfect SRV sound. Set on 5.6 you have a KILLER AC/DC sound (I hear Malcom has replaced the guts in his Marshall with the .22). Crank it up to 7.2 and you have a good 80's Sound, up again to 8.7 and it's Metallica baby! 9 gives you a modern scooped sound... Now for the coop de gras when you set it on 10 you get ...

wait for it...
    YOUR SOUND!! any guitarist who plugs into this Monster sounds diffrent and total off the wall amazing!!

(Inside scoop.. watch for the new .357 and .44 should be out by Winter NAMM)

Pro tip. The sound also depends on what side of the cab is touching the ground.. tip it on it's side or upside down and you will turn on the "Pro" proformance circut. WOW now even talentless hacks can be guitar gods!

Comment

RIPPER, dude! Thanks for the help--those settings were freakin AWESOME!

You know what's cool, too? I found that if I slam the front of it with 824 Metal Zone pedals all maxed on gain, I can get that awesome crystal clear clean sound that I need for...well, every song I play. Our band's song style theory is based on random alternating between pristine clean and ultra-heavy distortion throughout the song, but every song is at least 392bmp. By random, I mean, each of the 23 guitarists in the band changes between clean and distorted randomly on his own, every time we play each song. Really keeps the songs from getting repetitive! Another different approach we've taken is, during the clean parts, the singer is supposed to SCREAM the nonsensical word "BRAAAGAATAAA!!!" at the top of his lungs, and during the heavy distorted parts, he's supposed to quietly mumble the nonsensical word "poooonaaanuuuu". What makes it really cool is, since everybody is randomly shifting from clean to distorted on their own, the singer never knows what to do, an erratically has to try to shift from "BRAAAGAATAAA!!!" to "poooonaaanuuuu" and back, over and over so quickly, the audience just hears one big long droning mixture of the vocals, like "pooBRRnnnnAAAggggguuuuTAAAA", throughout the song. It's KILLER!

Thanks, dude! This amp really KILLZZZZ all other amps on the face of the earth that have ever been created, or ever could be created, now that you gave me those settings!! There's no quesiton about it--this amp is THE BEST--PERIOD, END OF STORY, 'NUFF SAID! All other amps are total dogcrap and sound like AZZZZ compared to this amp!! And anybody who would think otherwise must be a freakin idiot stupid turdead who should be skinned alive then have iodine poured all over him, then gasoline, then be set on fire, this amp is just sooooooooo awesome!!

Stu

Comment

What is this amp you speak of? Got a pic or a website?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The amp is made by FAB, No pictures exist as it has anti-camera circuitry.

To get one you must bury a Marshall Plexy 4.5 feet deep at a certain crossroads in Mississippi, You then must chant the word "TONE" for 45 minutes and go home. Within 4 or 5 days a Black 59 Caddy will drop off a box by your backdoor with your new ThrashBlaster inside.

Comment

Geez, Joe?!? You haven't heard of the ThrashBlaster? And you call yourself a GearWh0re [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks to all who played along...

You may pick up your parting gifts by way of the naked blonde bimbo standing out back by the trash bins.

Stu

Comment

Hehe, now I get it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] TONE, TONE, TONE, TONE!! I can't wait for the black Caddy to show up. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've been hanging out by the trash bins all evening and got nothing but bad smells. Screw you guys, I'm goin home
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Dude, April was 3 months ago!

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                        What is this amp you speak of? Got a pic or a website?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BWAHAHAHAHA JOE!

J/K Toey! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X