sorry, another warhead question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry, another warhead question

Like i said in the previous thread, I have had the warhead for a few years, and I think i am starting to grow weary of its sound. Its the most metal sounding amp i have ever played, but its not very loud... My question is does anyone know of any amp that i can get a better sound out of without having to retube anything or buy pedals and stuff. The reason i liked the warhead is because i took it out of the box, eq'd it and started thrashing. Thanks again in advace. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: sorry, another warhead question

I used to have a Warhead 2x12 a little while back. It sounds fine on its own but when you're playing with other people or a band, it has no cutting power whatsoever so you can't hear yourself. Is that what you mean by not loud enough?

As for amps you could get (for about the price of a Warhead) a Soldano Sp-77 and power amp. Which would sound tons better than the Warhead. Someone else might have a better amp suggestion but that's the best one in the price range of a Warhead IMO.

Comment

Re: sorry, another warhead question

ya whenever my band pracitices, i have to turn it up really loud and i loose sound quality. however i practice with a 2X12 cab. I have a separate 4x12 that i dont use (cuz its a pain in the asss to haul around) if i used that would it make it louder? What if i used both? I like the way the head sounds, i just need it to be louder maybe.. Once I hear how it sounds with a band and stuff i can make a choice as to whether or not i should keep it.Thanks
      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
      X