ZOOM 9150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOM 9150

I just picked up one of these preamps for $75 mint on HC. I want to let anyone know that needs a budget setup, that I am utterly shocked at how good it sounds. I have only heard it through headphonse, and through the return of my Rivera, but damn. Through the headphones the cleans are AMAZING. The distortions are a bit busy, but that is because the headphone out has cab sim, and problably not a real good one (it is an older unit.) The unit really opened up when using the tube power amp section of my Rivera. Every sound is great. Keep in mind that I am referring to the factory presets which usually suck, which means it will sound better. The effects sound good as well. I picked it up for a portable practice/gig/jam rack and am pleasantly surprised. I plan on getting a one space tube power amp like the Mesa or Marshall to go with it and there is a two space rack. Something to keep an eye out for at that price...even as a backup.. Now here is the true test for me at least. I ran my pedals into the front end to see if the unit could handle them, and it did. My boosts actually made the distorted modes sound better, just like a tube amp. It does have a tube in it, but I don't know how much of the tone is derived from it.
Working...
X