Jackson Charvel Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Charvel Amps

Does anyone out ther have a Jackson Charvel amp or schematic for a Jackson Charvel 50 watt tube amp?

Re: Jackson Charvel Amps

You have to be more specific about the model.. head/combo.. JG series, Apogee, Reference, XLA's...

There wasn't much success to finding schematics on these in the past fromwhat I recall..but ya never know, somebody may have one.

Comment

Yeah, good luck in your search. I have an Apogee and never could find ANY info on it. And I haven't used mine for more than a few hours in a studio, so I couldn't tell you much about it.
      sigpic

Comment

It's a JG2 50 watt tube head. Can't get in touch with Jackson Charvel yet.

Comment

Well if you hear back from them, you'll have to let me know. I have a JG-3 100w head and I emailed them about 3 months back for some info, they never got back to me.

Comment

They won't be able to provide you with any info. I emailed Jackson a couple years ago about my Apogee (well before the Fender buyout) and was told that they didn't have any info on the amp line. Something about it "not making the move". Don't know if that means the move from San Dimas to Ontario, or if they built the amps in a different location, but that's all I could find out.
            sigpic

Comment

I just seen an Apogee 50watt at a store in my area, super clean, they wanted 450.00, even had a foorswitch. I don't suppose it will last long, most Jackson stuff doesn't. Thing looks like a tank tho...is yours a 2x12?

As far as Jackson giving answers and schems. I have found a person who is selling schem's and he's listed Jackson as an amp he carries.. so if I get it for 5.00, I'll pass it on to the admin or Pete as I do not have a website.
              All info I see regarding these amps is referring to the Texas numbers and address, but from what I've read, Jackson would rather not acknowledge any support for these products.

[ July 27, 2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

The schematic company couldn't produce.. back to the drawing board. If I find anything, I'll probably remember and let you know or I'll post. JG-2's and JG-3's were very similar, the 2 being a 50w and the 3 being a 100w.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                  I just seen an Apogee 50watt at a store in my area, super clean, they wanted 450.00, even had a foorswitch. I don't suppose it will last long, most Jackson stuff doesn't. Thing looks like a tank tho...is yours a 2x12?

As far as Jackson giving answers and schems. I have found a person who is selling schem's and he's listed Jackson as an amp he carries.. so if I get it for 5.00, I'll pass it on to the admin or Pete as I do not have a website.
                  All info I see regarding these amps is referring to the Texas numbers and address, but from what I've read, Jackson would rather not acknowledge any support for these products.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey CG - where'd you see the Apogee? I'm not familiar with it, but I'd like to check it out. Thanks!

Chris

Comment

It's in Music Go Round off University and about 80th ave. I think that makes it Blaine area. I was there Friday picking up an old Traynor cab and a Zolla body I had on layaway.
                    It was tucked under some stuff by the display window. It looked mint, sad part is.. I know they probably paid the guy 200-225 for it.
                    I'd be interested myself, but I'm tapped..just bought a Greco Les Paul and I'm moving.

I guess these have a solid state preamp with a tubed output..(tho I'm not positive 100%) That can actually can produce some fat overdiven sounds. I used a Musicman for years with a few toys, it sounded great thru the PA.
                    Let me know what you think of it if you go.

I hit this place quite often as it's closeby my bank and swoop on stuff that sits there for months..this is a new aquisition for them.
                    They might budge 25-50 bucks, but my advice is..make sure you test it thoroughly if your seriously interested as they do sell crap that has problems..(tho they seem to mark their price down proportional and will sometimes acknowledge as such) All their items carry a money back gaurantee within like 14 days unless otherwise agreed.

Tom~

[ July 28, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Thanks Tom. I get to that one probably more often than any of the others, as it is kind of just off the path on my way to the gym. I know Dave that works there fairly well - he and I owned the same Kramer Beretta at one point in time, and used to go to Music Off 10 quite often. THAT was THE Charvel/Jackson store! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Steve was the MAN!

I'll probably be up that way tonight - I gotta go up to Blaine Velo and put my old road bike on consignment up there - gotta try to find a way to pay for the one I just bought! I've got 6 months same as cash financing though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

The move in question would be from one Fort Worth address to another. There was a fire that burned the old place, so they moved into a new one. I doubt that Jackson has ANY of the amp schematics anymore. We didn't have them on our side of the hall, so every time I needed one (I only saw the Reference and JG series) I'd have to go and dig through their pile of stuff. This was before the Fender buyout, and none of the Jackson amp schematics made the trip. They were all in Akai's area. Just a few weeks ago, AMIC closed down. So you're basically f**ked as far as getting a schematic from them. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Danny's and Cindy's, that's where I bought my 750Xl when they were going out of business.

Dave probably knows me by now. Steve (the owner) is a suprising good player, I heard him noodling about the other day. I was just in Solid Body Guitar the other day.. talk about major ampville.

HEY BM!.. if you know anyone who you might've worked with that may have a copy of a schem about..please tell us!

[ July 28, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Has anybody tried emailing Kevin Easton? He may have one. He's got alot of old Jackson stuff laying around im sure.
                            I had the tube preamp for a while and loved it but had to sell it due to bills. I would probably buy another one if the opertunity came up.
                            Gil

Comment

The perfect connection preamp are a mixed bag, some are good, some are better, some are better yet after some modding. There was some expermentation going on in the circuit with features being added and taken away over the years in production.

How do I get ahold of this Easton person? Anyone got an email?

Comment

Working...
                              X