these little guys don't sound bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• these little guys don't sound bad

...... no monster rigg here [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] http://www.behringer.com/02_products...GM110&lang=eng yep they sound ok for a little practice amp if ya need one , basicly the same as the trademark 10 by tech 21 , but 20 more watts and with the right pick ups they sound pretty heavy I was impressed , I might need a little practice amp for teaching I was thinking of getting something like this in the fall what do ya all think ? only 209 Canadian up here . //Steve

[ July 27, 2003, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Steve ]

Re: these little guys don\'t sound bad

I believe they're relatively inexpensive too from what I recall. I still want to give a Rocktron Rampage a go. Art used to make a nice litlle combo as well, forget the name offhand.

Comment

I don't know about that (though, I know Behringer makes some pretty good stuff), but the Tech 21 SansAmp stuff kicks major ass, so I'd personally go for the Trademark!!! I've got their Tri-A.C. pedal and love it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The GM110 is great for a small solidstate. It's also $150 cheaper than the TM10 and I think it's built a bit better. I went through two TM10s and they both had something wrong with them.

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else's experience with the TM10, but mine's been great and I've had no problems with it... I've owned a lot of other Tech 21 gear as well, and never had a problem with any of it. The GM110 may do the job, but it's very cheaply made - Made in China PCBs, pots and speakers don't inspire confidence in my book... IME, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            I don't know about that (though, I know Behringer makes some pretty good stuff), but the Tech 21 SansAmp stuff kicks major ass, so I'd personally go for the Trademark!!! I've got their Tri-A.C. pedal and love it.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the tech 21 is not that heavy sounding man but this thing sounded pretty good man a little heavyer than the trademark 10 , and yeah if I was looking for a 2 12 I would definatly get the trademark 120 forsure , but I think that gain on the tri-ac is better than whats in the 120 , I think it's the speakers in the 120 that take the gain away a bit , but yeah I love both the trademark stuff and the behringer as well !!! awesome stuff forsure !!! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi D:
              I can't speak for anyone else's experience with the TM10, but mine's been great and I've had no problems with it... I've owned a lot of other Tech 21 gear as well, and never had a problem with any of it. The GM110 may do the job, but it's very cheaply made - Made in China PCBs, pots and speakers don't inspire confidence in my book... IME, you get what you pay for.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey man remember that the behringer stuff is designed and made proto's in Germany as far as I have heard form the behringer dealer up here they go as far as sending the pots and hardware to china nothing is from there but the labour and that is where the cheap prices come in . pretty cool business concept if you ask me , so acually who matters who puts it together cause it's all from Germany [the pots the hardware and what not] just some chinese dude with a drill working for what he gets payed doing that job anyway //Steve

Comment

I´ve had some Tech 21-gear, and they are great little pieces of equipment.

Comment

Behringer mostly copies other brands' designs with the gear they make. However, some of their own designs are quite good. I have their Parametric EQ in my rack and really gives the sound of my rack a kick in the butt.

Anyway, I was thinking If I ever need a little amp like that, the GM110 would be something I'd try.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L:
                    I´ve had some Tech 21-gear, and they are great little pieces of equipment.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah I'd go with any of the tech 21 stuff for a practice amp but they are really costly up here , I work for the tech 21 dealer from time to time I might look at snaging one and working it off over time cause thats how he pays me he gives me gear cause he's just a small guy and dosn't make alot of cash so thats just fine for me cause if I had the cash I'd buy it anyway , he's the behringer dealer as well . I wish he was the Jackson guy as well cause then I'd be his slave [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Steve,
                      I just picked up one of those Behringers, and they're great practice amps! Very cool analog modeling. Almost has a tube like warmth to it as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X