marshall effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall effects

anyone use em? thinking of giving up my rp200 for a bb2 and edward the compressor, or some combination of two marshall's. any thoughts would be great. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: marshall effects

The MArshall pedals arent bad but they arent the original 80s versions either. They'r e a little noisey. You might be better off with the Boss stuff like the CS3 and the MT2. Although a noise supressor would take care of the noise. The compressor is descent and relatively smooth but sounds a little thin at times. The Jackhammer is cool and sounds like a MArshall ( go figure)
    Its like adding another channel to your amp. They do sound pretty good but arent as reliable as the MT2.
    Gil

Comment

i got a bb-2 a few weeks ago and it is absolutley lovely, not exactly a metal tone (its a bluesbreaker after all)

the bb-2 has two modes, blues, which is the main distortion one, it goes from a suble distortion to a nice bluesy roar
      the second mode is boost, this is much muhc louder, to boost your siganl basically, but can also be used as a distortion with the voluem down and the gain up

i am also considering getting a jh-1 jackhammer, i owned one a while ago, but at that time i was going through a low gain phase so wasnt really using the pedal to its fullest o i replaced it with a ProCo rat, now i am looking for a high gain pedla and will probably end up getting another,

overall the distortions are great pedals, the compressor is also supposed to be pretty good, it does react slightly differntly to different setups though, andi cant comment on the others
      overall they are very well built, the controls can be fiddley as they are marked by small blavck marks on a shiny know, hard to see with light shining on them, so its best to set them up and leave them, (compared to my rat, with hooge glow in the dark controls)

marshall get a big thumbs up from me

David

Comment

Yeah, the BB2 is a really good pedal. My cousin got one when it first came out, and it sounds awesome, really good for boosting an already distorted amp to take it over the top.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For a compressor I recommend getting the Digitech Main Squeeze. That is a very nice compressor for relatively little money. This is definitely the best guitar compressor pedal I've ever used. Very transparent. Actually, most of the X-series pedals are really good. I also have the stereo phaser and the evelope filter.

I had a Boss CS-1, CS-2, and CS-3 - I hated all three of them. They were ultra squishy and fake sounding. They got turned around back onto Ebay real quick.

The Marshall ED is good but not as transparent as the Digitech. Same goes for the MXR Dynacomp (red box). The MXR black box compressor sucked the life out of my tone.

I also have a Maxon compressor. It is squishy but in a cool way - real good for evening out a Tele.

I also have the Dano mini pedal (with some dorky name). This things is surprisingly good for 20 bucks - this is a great pedal for a Strat or P-90 equipped guitar into a hot rodded Fender.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
          X