I got a bunch of simple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got a bunch of simple questions

Paddok, I have an M-Audio Omni studio I am thinking about getting rid of. I have upgradded to a Digidesign Digi 001. It is like the Delta 66 except instead of a break out box it has a mixer box with 2 mic preamps. I bought it at Mars Music at a silent auction. It was missing the recording software. It has all the other disks including the driver disks. I could include a copy of Protools Free. Protools Free is free software so there is no added value other than I already down loaded it and burned it to a CD. I would let it go for $170.00 plus shipping. Another Idea is to down load Protools Free and use your sound card as the input. This gives you 2 tracks of input (left and right can be assigned to seperate tracks). Being that Protools Free only lets you record 2 tracks at a time this would work. Protools free allows I think up to 16 tracks of playback. It can be down loaded from the Digidesign website. http://www.digidesign.com/ There is also a user conference area for Protools Free there.

Comment

Hey 80sRock, do you have a picture of the M audio thing ? I may be interested in it.

Comment

I have a Tascam 424 PortaStudio MkI I would sell for 90.00+ shipping, if you are interested in something to get started with. I would include a transformer that lets you use a standard microphone with it as well. PM me if interested.

Includes manual and power supply.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41784

What do you all think of that ? Self contained recording, and industry standard protools ?

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Comment

I use a Crate DXJ112 modeler and a Roland VG-8 virtual guitar system into my Zoom MRS4. If I like what I have recorded I dump it into Cakewalk Pro 7 along with backing tracks generated by my Roland PMA-5. A POD or V-amp 2 and a good sound card with Cakewalk installed and a software driven drum machine should get you up and going. I use my VG-8 for strings and for bass most of the time.

Comment

So anybody know about this Mbox thing ?

Also good drum machine recommendations would be appreciated !

Comment

Paddock I got your message. Also the Mbox is a good item. It is like my Omni Studio except it comes with Pro-Tools SE which is the same software as my Digi001. The Mbox works with usb now I think. I don't have a digital camera but I can see how the camera that sits on my monitor will do.

Comment

Working...
                X