need to find a tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to find a tone

i was wondering what would be the best pedal to get boston/38. special lead tones

is the blues driver good for this?

Re: need to find a tone

Get a rockman for the "best" Boston tone... that's all it has but it's good.

Comment

well boston stuff is all rockman stuff. he also uses that half rack sustainer gizmo all the time.

Dave

Comment

two different types of tones IMO. I have had both the DG and the sustainer.. (I think I still have the sustainer somewhere) I didn't care for either in comparison to a Rockman X100, but maybe I didn't experiment long enough.

There's a patch on the Voodu Valve that gets the Boston stuff nailed pretty well...but if you're looking for a pedal.. something with an EQ and the ability to boost the mids.. hmm, maybe a Shred o matic could give you the versatility you need. Just a suggestion, you can get them pretty cheap now on clearance at the mail order like AMS and return it in 45 if no likey.

Comment

Rockman Sustainer or Distortion Generator. I get the DG to pump out some sick Megadeth-Rust In Peace tone too haha...but it's made for the Boston sound.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
          X